PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Abell255 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mighty4 Rom will not boot windows!! :(

**I just realized i installed mighty6 rom, is that only for the touch pro?!?!**

Hey guys,

I've got a sprint diamond and have recently updated the rom from a much older mightyrom. The phone has been unlocked since last year. Anyhow, after i updated the rom and copied my pim file the phone was running great. I then proceeded to install an ezinput keyboard and the system completely froze on bootup. I then reflashed to the mighty4 rom again and skipped the keyboard change. The phone has been running extremely smooth with fantastic battery life the last 24-36 hours. Now, my system boots all the way up and does not load windows default. (i have tf3d disabled) It comes up and says "win file may be unregistered or component missing" then says some "shellres.dll is unregistered or component missing". I now cannot use the phone and im sick and tired of reflashing and waste time setting everything up. I cant activate tf3d, freezes, nor can i really navigate without it freezing.

Any ideas guys? Im so sick of this.

(Thanks for the help)

Last edited by Abell255; 08-27-2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I installed mighty6 rom, is that only for the pro?!?!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b
Re: Mighty4 Rom will not boot windows!! :(

The very first alert that comes up after full bootup is "the file '22#:MSPI' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Most of the time the other 3-4 alerts come up too.... This time i booted this is the only alert that came up and i can bring up the start menu but cant click "phone" or very many of the icons....

This is getting so frustrating....please help guys!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

I'm sorry guys.... i guess i didn't do enough research....

I think i may have installed the herman file at one point, which is for the pro i take it?

Right now i have windows 6, which i think i linked off of the touch pro forums area....

Im not sure if their is a different rom6 install for the pro and diamond?

Anyhow, right now im installing mighty6 victor as it looks like that is for the diamond.

Last edited by Abell255; 08-27-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abell255 View Post
I'm sorry guys.... i guess i didn't do enough research....

I think i may have installed the herman file at one point, which is for the pro i take it?

Right now i have windows 6, which i think i linked off of the touch pro forums area....

Im not sure if their is a different rom6 install for the pro and diamond?

Anyhow, right now im installing mighty6 victor as it looks like that is for the diamond.

I installed the victor mighty 6 and it ran fine.... i then proceeded to copy my pim file and delete the old one to copy my contacts etc, and now the phone wont boot the windows default again and it freezes.... is the mighty6 or my pim file causing this? Man... sorry for the 5 posts, but im just trying to get this done and over with!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

It might be the pim causing it since it boots fine the first time...... or you need to flash shipped rom first then go to mighty 6 that could lso be the problem. Have you had issues with soft resets turning into hard resets?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im guessing its your PIM file that is doing it, since it seems to run fine before you install the file.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

The phone will soft reset just fine.... i'm pretty sure it is the PIM file because the phone will boot/run just fine when i remove the transferred file....

I dont think i need to reflash to stock rom as this is running great without the pim....

Now the problem is that dotfred's pim backup program wont run on my x64 vista...is there any other way to snag ALL of my contacts off this pim? The thing is, the other time i flashed i copied the pim and it worked just fine after a restart...but then 12 hours later a restart caused the errors... i HOPE i do not have to trial/error 100 times to get the contacts on the phone and try to activesync, because that program is terrible....i did that before i flashed and nothing is left to sync back.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abell255 View Post
The phone will soft reset just fine.... i'm pretty sure it is the PIM file because the phone will boot/run just fine when i remove the transferred file....

I dont think i need to reflash to stock rom as this is running great without the pim....

Now the problem is that dotfred's pim backup program wont run on my x64 vista...is there any other way to snag ALL of my contacts off this pim? The thing is, the other time i flashed i copied the pim and it worked just fine after a restart...but then 12 hours later a restart caused the errors... i HOPE i do not have to trial/error 100 times to get the contacts on the phone and try to activesync, because that program is terrible....i did that before i flashed and nothing is left to sync back.

Thanks for the replies.

Omg... i just realized i was trying to execute the extracted .exe file on my pc not the pocket pc as noted on his site....therefore i could of used this to SAFELy SNAG my pim info before hand....

What a nightmare....the pim backup has a restore feature, but i cant seem to figure out how to restore a copied pim file, or if that is even possible....
Old 08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

I tried using a bunch of programs...finally i LEFT my old pim file there, but renamed it, and then transferred the new (current) pim file over, and so far it works fine... im just going to leave the old pim for the heck of it... i also installed sprite and was able to backup all the data....so i suppose i'll do a complete reflash of old to new and backup w/sprite if i have to....
Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abell255 is a n00b

Hahaha, it is doing this all once again.

24 hours later the phone begins to freeze....i cant help to think its the PIM file when it works fine for 24 hours???? now it boots and has a "MSINBOX" error and a few others.....im so frustrated with this crap.

If i can get the phone loaded once again with my PIM file, what should i use to get the contacts safely somewhere??? Activesyn no longer connects to my phone as it has an old "diamond sync" and wont allow me to delete it....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond