PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Save some Storage Memory!!

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or posted, but i just found that if you

1. Completely remove the "Touch Mobile Guide" folder, (which I personally have never used) from your windows directory.

2. Move the "RINGS" folder to your internal storage, yes you will still be able to use them for your ringtones as long as you move them to the internal storage directory and not inside another folder in the internal storage.

*Note* You will need a program like Resco explorer or Touch commander to accomplish this but these steps should save you almost 20MB of space.

Hope someone out there can use this!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Save some Storage Memory!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayinde6 View Post
Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or posted, but i just found that if you

1. Completely remove the "Touch Mobile Guide" folder, (which I personally have never used) from your windows directory.

2. Move the "RINGS" folder to your internal storage, yes you will still be able to use them for your ringtones as long as you move them to the internal storage directory and not inside another folder in the internal storage.

*Note* You will need a program like Resco explorer or Touch commander to accomplish this but these steps should save you almost 20MB of space.

Hope someone out there can use this!!
You can't move files that were cooked into the ROM. If you've added ringtones or they are installed during customization after the flash, then you can move those for sure.

Another way to save space it so use a program to compress some of your .exe's on the phone using Squeezer. It does not work for all apps, but I've had good luck with most (again, not ones that are cooked in...only cab's that I've installed). As an example, Garmin's Que.exe is ~5mb uncompressed and ~2mb compressed and it works fine while saving me 3 mb of storage.

Last edited by mwalt2; 06-25-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yep, thats one of the first things suggested to do. Also use a reg edit or sktools and move your message store to the storage card (this is all your text, picmail, and email not just your attachments.... saves tons) Additionally point your browser cache to the storage card as well as your temp folder.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Threadstarter

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You can't move files that were cooked into the ROM. If you've added ringtones or they are installed during customization after the flash, then you can move those for sure.

Another way to save space it so use a program to compress some of your .exe's on the phone using Squeezer. It does not work for all apps, but I've had good luck with most (again, not ones that are cooked in...only cab's that I've installed). As an example, Garmin's Que.exe is ~5mb uncompressed and ~2mb compressed and it works fine while saving me 3 mb of storage.
I am using resco explorer 2008 with the sprint OEM ROM and I am able to move the two folders i mentioned earlier just fine...
Old 06-26-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

gemilove is a n00b

does anyone have "clear temp" cab file? thank you.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemilove View Post
does anyone have "clear temp" cab file? thank you.
Enjoy

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-cleartemp.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

In my device/my documents/UAContents/MMS Log & MMS UA I have about 6-7Mb's being used. Its a bunch of .log & .dat files. Can this be deleted or moved to my storage card? Is there a reg edit for this? Is this stuff from Arcsoft I have installed? Also in my device/my documents there is a file not in a folder called WM_9ACF.tmp. I searched it and googled it but found nothing. Its 2.61MB's. Anyone know what it is or if I can toss it?

Last edited by Curb71; 06-26-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

This should help a lot of people out, looks like Juicy already incorporated the changes in Juicy 8.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayinde6 View Post
I am using resco explorer 2008 with the sprint OEM ROM and I am able to move the two folders i mentioned earlier just fine...
You're right. Maybe it's just the OS and program files that are cooked into the ROM that can't be moved. I've always thought Read Only Memory meant it could only be read . One more thing to remember if you move your rings to internal storage and connect to a computer as a disk drive, your phone won't ring while connected since the phone will not be able to access the internal storage (or so I've read anyway).
Old 06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I have in my windows folder a Googlemaps_3.0.1.5.cab that I cannot remove even with Total Commander. It takes up 1.9M & I already have cab on storage card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond