PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Could sprint find out if you are tethering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
They do have a limit but they are just lenient with their enforcement, so far
I wonder if the other Carriers have been enforcing their 5gb policy?

Sprint's 5Gb cap is just for their wireless cards, not for their phones. This has already been discussed in another thread just like this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=data+cap

dwizzy130

Old 08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Sprint's 5Gb cap is just for their wireless cards, not for their phones. This has already been discussed in another thread just like this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=data+cap

dwizzy130
This is true regarding broadband service.
But because many people tether without PAM, users can achieve 5gb and beyond pretty quickly, which is highly unlikely to do if you are just using normal data on your device without tethering.
So the above would be a grey area, even though technically you do not have a broadband card, you are still using data contrary to policy.
So all I am saying is to be aware of the above and use our own judgement.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-31-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For people interested in what 5gb gets you, I found this >

http://www.evdoinfo.com/5GB
Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
This is true regarding broadband service.
But because many people tether without PAM, users can achieve 5gb and beyond pretty quickly, which is highly unlikely to do if you are just using normal data on your device without tethering.
So the above would be a grey area, even though technically you do not have a broadband card, you are still using data contrary to policy.
So all I am saying is to be aware of the above and use our own judgement.

not if you stream a lot, its pretty easy to get up to 5.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post

I agree.For instance,I watched Youtube on my Diamond about 45 mins everyday,just Youtube for 45 mins,it sucked almost 150mb of data just for that,so in a month,it's already 4.5g,plus I also stream lots of online music through Resco PocketRadio,my monthly data usage is about 7.5-8gb for the last 4 years,fortunately,I haven't received any nasty email from Sprint yet.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
Yes , would take alot of work on Sprint's part to distinguish between the 2.
But still can be a grey area.
Seems there is little enforcement anyway so probably no reason for alarm.
I only use between 3-5gb but if I am close to 5, I keep an eye on it anyway.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

From my past read, all other companies enforces their polci on the 5GB cap. Sprint is the only one that doesn't give a crap about it nor had any T&A on the celluar data usage cap.

All in all, if you have Sprint and unlimited data, it is a true buffet and enjoy it while it last (this might change later on, just not now).

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA-2xXtReM View Post
From my past read, all other companies enforces their polci on the 5GB cap. Sprint is the only one that doesn't give a crap about it nor had any T&A on the celluar data usage cap.

All in all, if you have Sprint and unlimited data, it is a true buffet and enjoy it while it last (this might change later on, just not now).
just another reason why sprint is #1 IMO, it saves me an Internet bill from another company. Granted its not as fast as cable/DSL but when times are tough (which they are for me right now) its an easy way to continue having internet at home.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

Do the lower speeds affect Skype negatively.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond touch
Carrier: bell

oilersman is a n00b

im with bell, and i tethered last month just to see if i could do it. surfed the net for about 15-20mins. no ****e, i got nailed ...couple hundred dollas more and when i called they said that i should stop tethering...who knew?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond