PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tripwalking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync error... aka >100 error

I've spent a lot of time over the last week or so trying to troubleshoot the sync error I've been getting with activesync and google sync. I keep all contacts in my google contact list, and up till a week or so ago everything was working perfectly. Then I was getting a sync error and it wouldn't sync any contacts from google. There were still some contacts left on the device from a beta microsoft sync program I tried, but I decided to stick with google. This made me think it was something in the relationship between google and AS. If you've had this problem, you have probably come across many threads in the google forums and here and elsewhere all saying slightly different things. I won't go into details, but many of them say it's a problem with having over 100 contacts since the sync will go up to 100 then stop and not add any to the device. I have over 100 contacts too.

What solved it for me was a simple house cleaning of my contact list. I had one contact called <unnamed contact> or something like that, and some email addresses without names. I added names to those and deleted that unnamed contact, and the first sync afterwards was flawless. I also read somewhere that you need to add info to your personal contact card in the database.

This is on a Telus touch diamond with the latest Juicy rom.

Hope this was able to help someone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:46 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Activesync error... aka >100 error

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Activesync error... aka >100 error

Thanks for the tip.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
activesync, contacts, sync error, wm6.1