PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond & 6700 & 800w
Carrier: Sprint

nize2beme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
brick phone

Ok I need help... lets say I need an excuse to have my phone replaced b/c Sprint here is terrible about replacing phones even though i pay $7 per month for both phones for coverage. They always try and blame everything on me, saying I must have dropped it etc. even though there are no marks on it. Took me 4 visits to get them to replace a 800w that kept requiring a hard reset twice a week, they said I dropped it...

ANyway... I am having huge issues with my diamond, and just last week the screen cracked b/c it as so hot. I never have dropped the phone once, I love it in fact, but while tethering it gets really hot and one day I noticed a crack all the way accross. The heat has also warped the battery case.

So i need to replace my phone, but they don't beleive that heat caused this issue. HOWEVER if my phone happened to not work anymore, they have no problem replacing it for me for free, instead they want me to pay to ship it off, so outside the $7 a month, I have to pay $50 deuctible and don't have a phone for a few days. Doesn't make sense, I didn't do anything wrong...

Any ideas on how I can make my phone not work anymore? I keep unplugging it during rom upgrades but of course it just goes to boot loader where it can easily be fixed. I relocked the phone and everything, just need to make it not work so i can get a new one, which hopefully will last longer than 6 months this time.

And BTW, i love this phone, my 800w I can't say the same.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: brick phone

flash a gsm rom. that will brick it.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ya i thought about that, but i can't walk in there and say, I found a rom on a site and i decided to flash it etc. if I were to flash a GSM rom what will it looko like bricked? Could i say i upgraded to the newest HTC rom and it did this, or where there be obvious signs that it is a GSM ROM? I just don't want to brick it and then them prove i flashed a GSM rom which i should have been doing any flashing outside of authorized HTC roms blah blah blah... these guys here aren't smart enough to know probably, but they are hard to convince for a replacement
Old 08-26-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

i don't think you would be a ble to tell once the phone bricks you shouldn't be able to turn the phone on so how would they be able to tell it was flashed.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

First of all, don't post in this forum with your phone issues, wrong place to do it, you need to read the forum rules before posting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nize2beme View Post
Ok I need help... lets say I need an excuse to have my phone replaced b/c Sprint here is terrible about replacing phones even though i pay $7 per month for both phones for coverage. They always try and blame everything on me, saying I must have dropped it etc. even though there are no marks on it. Took me 4 visits to get them to replace a 800w that kept requiring a hard reset twice a week, they said I dropped it...
Sprint will replace your phone no matter WHAT the reason as long as you pay the deductible you AGREED to pay once you signed up for the $7 a month coverage...I'd say that's pretty fair, not "terrible"

Quote:
ANyway... I am having huge issues with my diamond, and just last week the screen cracked b/c it as so hot. I never have dropped the phone once, I love it in fact, but while tethering it gets really hot and one day I noticed a crack all the way accross. The heat has also warped the battery case.
This is literally, absolutely physically impossible...look up the type of plastic the digitizer is made out of and look up it's tolerance for heat...

AND it is your digitizer that is cracked and not your LCD screen. The digitizer is the touch sensitive piece of plastic that goes OVER your LCD screen and they work in unison...you can find one on ebay for $30 and replace the part yourself, it's EASY.

Quote:
So i need to replace my phone, but they don't beleive that heat caused this issue. HOWEVER if my phone happened to not work anymore, they have no problem replacing it for me for free, instead they want me to pay to ship it off, so outside the $7 a month, I have to pay $50 deuctible and don't have a phone for a few days. Doesn't make sense, I didn't do anything wrong...
The deductible is not $50 anymore, this is proof you probably haven't even been to a sprint store. It's $120 at the store for a new phone, and then $100 over the phone NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON. And they don't charge you a penny for shipping, and they don't require you to send your broken phone to them before they send you a new one. Also, it is TEP's policy to overnight replacement phones if you order it via telephone, so you wouldn't be without a phone for one minute.

Quote:
Any ideas on how I can make my phone not work anymore? I keep unplugging it during rom upgrades but of course it just goes to boot loader where it can easily be fixed. I relocked the phone and everything, just need to make it not work so i can get a new one, which hopefully will last longer than 6 months this time.

And BTW, i love this phone, my 800w I can't say the same.

If you can't afford these phones, don't buy em...get boost mobile. And stop wasting everybody's time.

Last edited by JQuill; 08-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Quote:
I must have dropped it etc. even though there are no marks on it.
You just admitted you dropped it, use common sense, it was your fault.
Good job taking his quote COMPLETELY out of context

This is his actual quote, which implies something vastly different than what you stated..
"They always try and blame everything on me, saying I must have dropped it etc. even though there are no marks on it."

BTW OP, next time you get a new phone, get the warranty through squaretrade. not only are they cheaper, but their service is waaaaay better

Last edited by cesium; 08-26-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Diamond thread.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sorry about the wrong forum location, but wow seriously?

I can afford them, I didn't drop my phone, when i had mine replaced in January it was $50, but your right now that I think about it they shipped to me over night. I'm tired of paying $7 a month though for crappy tech support in the store. They don't care, and their decision is what ever they feel like that day. Seriously though, the screen has a crack across it, no marks on the device, I saw it cracked one day while tethering, I was pissed, but continued tethering. By the end of the day I saw the crack had grown all the way across the screen, has to be due to heat b/c I never took it out of the usb. The battery casing is warped, it makes a weird cracking noise every time I hold the phone b/c it has started to pull away from the unit at the top right, nothing is cracked or broken there, just makes a creaking noise when you apply pressure to it, which is annoying.

The problem isn't that I can't afford these phones, I afforded a 6600, 6700, 800w, and the diamond. Bought them all right when they came out at the 249-299 price for each. The problem is all of them have had warranty coverage on them but none seem to last 2 years without having issues, probably b/c they are just so complicated. And every time I go in to have them look at it they don't know what to do it seems. until recently most techs barely even worked on WM phones.

When I take my land rover to a land rover dealership they know what they are doing, and if I have a question, or problem it is fixed, under warranty. Why shouldn't I expect the same thing from sprint? Why do I have to hassle them each time to get an answer? One time the 6700 earpeice failed, and I had to go through hell to get a replacement. I keep telling myself to drop the insurance b/c it means nothing, and I probably will this time.

sorry for ranting, sprint just gets on my nerves and the wife won't let me go somewhere else.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
sorry about the wrong forum location, but wow seriously?

I can afford them, I didn't drop my phone, when i had mine replaced in January it was $50, but your right now that I think about it they shipped to me over night. I'm tired of paying $7 a month though for crappy tech support in the store. They don't care, and their decision is what ever they feel like that day. Seriously though, the screen has a crack across it, no marks on the device, I saw it cracked one day while tethering, I was pissed, but continued tethering. By the end of the day I saw the crack had grown all the way across the screen, has to be due to heat b/c I never took it out of the usb. The battery casing is warped, it makes a weird cracking noise every time I hold the phone b/c it has started to pull away from the unit at the top right, nothing is cracked or broken there, just makes a creaking noise when you apply pressure to it, which is annoying.

The problem isn't that I can't afford these phones, I afforded a 6600, 6700, 800w, and the diamond. Bought them all right when they came out at the 249-299 price for each. The problem is all of them have had warranty coverage on them but none seem to last 2 years without having issues, probably b/c they are just so complicated. And every time I go in to have them look at it they don't know what to do it seems. until recently most techs barely even worked on WM phones.

When I take my land rover to a land rover dealership they know what they are doing, and if I have a question, or problem it is fixed, under warranty. Why shouldn't I expect the same thing from sprint? Why do I have to hassle them each time to get an answer? One time the 6700 earpeice failed, and I had to go through hell to get a replacement. I keep telling myself to drop the insurance b/c it means nothing, and I probably will this time.

sorry for ranting, sprint just gets on my nerves and the wife won't let me go somewhere else.

Land rovers suck, the only good land rover is a Range Rover Sport, and even then I would still take my G37xS Coupe over any car on the road...and F' ME if you want something that LASTS MORE THAN 6 MONTHS DO NOT GET A LAND ROVER! LOL!

Last edited by JQuill; 08-26-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

how do you not know I have a sport? i don't though, I have a LR3?

I went from a G35 to the LR actually. I loved my G35, but the LR fits the need more at the moment with the family, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond