PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
crap...

so i had alltel diamond..been using roms loving it..

then i put juicys latest rom..and all of a sudden my touch screen stopped working...i dont think it has to do with his rom but there was thsi rainbow effect in my screen when i held it to light..and i flashed to shipped rom and couldnt do the whole stylus allignment stuff..lol so there was no way of loading the phone..its been less than a year so im getting one from the "warehouse" and their shipping..

so now that alltel and vzw merged..ill probably be getting a vzw diamond..last i checked..that means no more roms right?!?!?!

Last edited by GreeKNastY; 08-30-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: crap...

I believe your right... with the vzw diamond.. cant unlock to flash.. but hey at least its still better than getting stuck with a dumb phone.. etc..
Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

maybe alltel has leftover diamonds?

haha..thatd be great
Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There was a thread where someone said that Verizon devices were not crippled.
It was the thread about what WM device to get next.
I said that the Verizon crippled its WM devices and I was told they didn't regarding the Diamond and others.
Unless I am missing something.
I will go and get the link.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81576

I reread the thread.
It seems that Verizon cripples its present devices but won't be crippling the Pro 2 or Omnia 2 and maybe other future devices.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-31-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

You can tell them you dont want the vzw version, because it is an inferior device, tell them you want the alltel version, or try to get a touch pro if no more alltel diamonds.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah try to barter for a TP or get an Alltel version. You can try replacing the digitizer yourself too.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well its too late as far as asking for TP..they already shipped whatever they got.
hopefully ill get an alltel one..i
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you don't get one maybe you could find a good Alltel one on eBay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond