PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lkjfdsa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone doesn't charge while in a call

While on a call, today, I get the battery running low alert so I plug in the charger...but the phone never charges and dies while talking on the phone. Phone charges fine if not in a call. Has anyone had this problem?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Phone doesn't charge while in a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjfdsa View Post
While on a call, today, I get the battery running low alert so I plug in the charger...but the phone never charges and dies while talking on the phone. Phone charges fine if not in a call. Has anyone had this problem?
I think the phone discharges faster than in charges while you're talking on it. Does the phone get really hot? Mine does when charging and talking at the same time and, if the battery gets hot enough, it won't charge to avoid the battery blowing up the side of your face. It seems the no charging while talking thing is a necessary evil at that point.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjfdsa View Post
I run into the same alot. I called HTC support and they read me a document that says that when the phone gets too hot, it will stop charging. (safety feature). Other than that, it will charge OK when you are talking.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ikjfdsa
It is true that the Diamond has a safety feature where it won't charge if it gets too hot.
But I talk and charge often without issue.
The issue does not come up all the time. For instance, if you have a strong signal, you may see that your phone charges fine while on a call.
Also, if you have very little juice left, you may find that your Diamond won't charge while on a call, as the power it is using to maintain the call is discharging the battery faster than the current going in.
So, you can see under what circumstances your Diamond isn't charging, or rather under what circumstances your Diamond is charging and go from there.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-22-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: @
Old 08-22-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lkjfdsa is a n00b

Thanks for the replies. My CDMA Diamond always gets really hot when I'm talking on the phone for any length of time so I assume thats why it won't charge while on a call. I had the Touch before and it never got as hot as my current Diamond even after hours of talking. Is this a normal issue for the Diamond?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I think it is a normal issue I sometimes feel like feel my ear is on fire haha... since then i bought a bluetooth headset and keep my phone charging near a fan or ac or so...
Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Another thing to try is changing the radio to like 1.04.05 or 1.11F.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Similarly, mine doesn't charge when I'm using it in my car for sprint navigation. It gets hot during that use, so i guess that's why. I've noticed, in fact, if I start a trip with a full battery, using sprint nav while charging in the car, by the end of the trip I'll have little or no juice left in the battery. Bummer. That's why I bought a second battery.
pete
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

I haven't had my phone not charge unless it was really hot. It does however charge slower or stay the same when I am using GPS ( iGO8 ) or am downloading a big file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond