PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
What is the Best full skin, body, cover, or case for the Diamond?

I have had my screen broken twice in the last 2 months. What is the best protection for the Diamond against drops? I have tried some of the silicone shells found on EBAY but most of them slide off and are not (pants) pocket friendly. I have used skins from BestSkinsEver.com (like Zagg Shield) (Clearprotector.com is another) and they work great against scratches but no protection against drops. I would like a tight fitting silicone cover that doesn't slip off the diamond, yet also be able to put it in my pocket. A hard cover/case would be my last option. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Re: What is the Best full skin, body, cover, or case for the Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I have had my screen broken twice in the last 2 months. What is the best protection for the Diamond against drops? I have tried some of the silicone shells found on EBAY but most of them slide off and are not (pants) pocket friendly. I have used skins from BestSkinsEver.com (like Zagg Shield) (Clearprotector.com is another) and they work great against scratches but no protection against drops. I would like a tight fitting silicone cover that doesn't slip off the diamond, yet also be able to put it in my pocket. A hard cover/case would be my last option. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!
I've only tried out one case on my Diamond so far. It was a cheap ebay one (about $5 dollars). It's one of those clear hard plastic cases. Even though it was cheap, it works great! I dropped it a couple of times and the phone is still in great condition!

The case itself gets fairly scratched up over time though. I dropped my phone on concrete from about 5 feet up (I'm 6' and I was standing using my phone) and it didn't really damage my phone at all except for a couple scuff marks on the corner of the phone. The case is two piece and 'snaps' together in between the front and the back of the phone. If you drop it hard the case does come apart, but the case hasn't broken or cracked on me yet.

I would still be using it, but I just don't like the look of cases, a naked diamond is a sexy diamond! I just use a screen protector now. I used it for about 4 months.

I'd recommended a case or silicone cover if your looking to protect against drops. An invisible shield type skin will protect it against scratches but not drops. Your going to need some thick plastic, rubber/silicone, or metal to really get protection against drops

Last edited by robsta; 08-25-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

WOW i've had my diamond since a week before launch, and have never dropped it.(well once on grass 2 ft away and carpet 2 ft away) looks great only a zagg full body for me. My friend has one of those hard plastic ones it seams to be holding up well.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: white htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

slow97tsi is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to slow97tsi

I actually just got another diamond via Asurion and I bought a cheap ebay case. Cost me about 6$ and the fitment is actually really good and does not look all that bad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond