PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   What is the Best full skin, body, cover, or case for the Diamond? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80770)

b4u2 08-24-2009 09:34 AM

What is the Best full skin, body, cover, or case for the Diamond?

I have had my screen broken twice in the last 2 months. What is the best protection for the Diamond against drops? I have tried some of the silicone shells found on EBAY but most of them slide off and are not (pants) pocket friendly. I have used skins from BestSkinsEver.com (like Zagg Shield) (Clearprotector.com is another) and they work great against scratches but no protection against drops. I would like a tight fitting silicone cover that doesn't slip off the diamond, yet also be able to put it in my pocket. A hard cover/case would be my last option. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

robsta 08-25-2009 01:37 AM

Re: What is the Best full skin, body, cover, or case for the Diamond?

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 1118885)
I have had my screen broken twice in the last 2 months. What is the best protection for the Diamond against drops? I have tried some of the silicone shells found on EBAY but most of them slide off and are not (pants) pocket friendly. I have used skins from BestSkinsEver.com (like Zagg Shield) (Clearprotector.com is another) and they work great against scratches but no protection against drops. I would like a tight fitting silicone cover that doesn't slip off the diamond, yet also be able to put it in my pocket. A hard cover/case would be my last option. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

I've only tried out one case on my Diamond so far. It was a cheap ebay one (about $5 dollars). It's one of those clear hard plastic cases. Even though it was cheap, it works great! I dropped it a couple of times and the phone is still in great condition!

The case itself gets fairly scratched up over time though. I dropped my phone on concrete from about 5 feet up (I'm 6' and I was standing using my phone) and it didn't really damage my phone at all except for a couple scuff marks on the corner of the phone. The case is two piece and 'snaps' together in between the front and the back of the phone. If you drop it hard the case does come apart, but the case hasn't broken or cracked on me yet.

I would still be using it, but I just don't like the look of cases, a naked diamond is a sexy diamond! :mrgreen: I just use a screen protector now. I used it for about 4 months.

I'd recommended a case or silicone cover if your looking to protect against drops. An invisible shield type skin will protect it against scratches but not drops. Your going to need some thick plastic, rubber/silicone, or metal to really get protection against drops

savage25rcracer 08-25-2009 06:48 AM

WOW i've had my diamond since a week before launch, and have never dropped it.(well once on grass 2 ft away and carpet 2 ft away) looks great only a zagg full body for me. My friend has one of those hard plastic ones it seams to be holding up well.

slow97tsi 08-25-2009 03:38 PM

I actually just got another diamond via Asurion and I bought a cheap ebay case. Cost me about 6$ and the fitment is actually really good and does not look all that bad.