PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 08:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

makersforme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost Vibrate- problem with Sprint Repair

So on Friday I got an email on my phone and the vibration got stuck for about 1 minute. After that I have not been able to get it to vibrate. So flashed back to stock and relocked and off to the sprint store.

The tech took it apart to try and fix the vibration, but says he can't because the phone has been wet. They showed me what they were talking about, but it really felt like oil or some sort of lube. Both water sensors so no signs of water. I don't think I should be stuck with having to pay $100 to get a replacement as I don't believe there is an actual water damage.

Guys have any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: Lost Vibrate- problem with Sprint Repair

Take it to another shop. It's frustrating, but if the water sensors are showing no water damage, it hasn't been water damaged.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

I took mine to the Sprint Store last Friday, because of losing the vibrate function. They were wonderful and ordered me a replacement right away. It should be here tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by makersforme View Post
So on Friday I got an email on my phone and the vibration got stuck for about 1 minute. After that I have not been able to get it to vibrate. So flashed back to stock and relocked and off to the sprint store.

The tech took it apart to try and fix the vibration, but says he can't because the phone has been wet. They showed me what they were talking about, but it really felt like oil or some sort of lube. Both water sensors so no signs of water. I don't think I should be stuck with having to pay $100 to get a replacement as I don't believe there is an actual water damage.

Guys have any suggestions?
Same thing happen to me.

Swap the water mark sticker from the phone to the battery, Then take it to another store.

Check out this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74170
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

I had the same issue. I took it to one of our sprint stores(my personal one I go to) and they gave me a new one right there on the spot.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

I skipped the store and called Sprint directly. They sent me a new (well, refurb) overnight with a return shipping label. Clean up the old one, make sure the water sticker isn't tripped, and send it back.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
I skipped the store and called Sprint directly. They sent me a new (well, refurb) overnight with a return shipping label. Clean up the old one, make sure the water sticker isn't tripped, and send it back.
Did you just call the regular customer service number? I might have to do the same thing. I got the back housing replaced at the store yesterday and now my keyboard is cutting out. I will go back to the store today and if there are still problems, I will probably try your method.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Did you just call the regular customer service number? I might have to do the same thing. I got the back housing replaced at the store yesterday and now my keyboard is cutting out. I will go back to the store today and if there are still problems, I will probably try your method.
Yup. There was an option for service or repair or something like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

makersforme is a n00b

just an update to my story. I took the phone to another store and tech agreed that the liquid was not water as neither of the water sensors were triggered. He was going to order a replacement until the system had my phone flagged as damaged beyond repair. The first store (Fairview Heights, IL) flagged my phone as having water damage when it wasn't. Since it was flagged he couldn't order me a replacement. This store is a 3rd party retailer so they don't keep phones on hand.

I actually talked to him while he had to take my phone back apart because I had asked him if he had an extra stylus (the Fairview Heights store didn't give me mine back and didn't notice until I got home) as he couldn't get it to go in the phone. Very nice man. That store will get my business now.

Now the good part...emailed Sprint explaining everything and how I thought this was a known problem. They agreed and are going to send me a new phone out. The best part...I got to pick any phone I wanted besides the Palm Pre...I chose the Touch Pro since that is the phone I originally wanted, but couldn't get because of stock issues. Score one for me.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Happy ending!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond