PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
best virtual keyboard

I am wanting suggestions on what you think are the best on-screen keyboards you use. Currently I have fingerkeyboard but after using NRGZ rom and using the default keyboard on it I really would like to know which one that was and install it(had problems with the rom or would keep running it, absolutely loved all the apps and icons). They keys were slightly bigger than fingerkeyboards and it still kept the audio feedback while typing. I would like to keep it to free keyboards as for I don't care to spend anything on a virtual keyboard, thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: best virtual keyboard

This is from his thread, hopefully this is what you are looking for, ive never used NRGZ ROM so I dont know...it is EZInput 2.0

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1110

Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Been there done that, TouchPal.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It's not exactly what you're looking for...but I use a combination of FingerKeyboard and SPB Fullscreen Keyboard.

The Fullscreen KB from SPB maps itself to FingerKeyboard. When you press the button, the WHOLE screen becomes a nice easy to use keyboard. Great for typing e-mails and txts.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND

GsRb0i is a n00b

touchpal 4.0 hands down. I used to love touch input but touchpals the way to go theres a learning curve but once you get used to it its like butter
Old 08-24-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

whatthefunk is just getting started

+1 for TouchPal! Fantastic soft keyboard. however 3.5 might be better than 4.0 so far... it's debatable.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
It's not exactly what you're looking for...but I use a combination of FingerKeyboard and SPB Fullscreen Keyboard.

The Fullscreen KB from SPB maps itself to FingerKeyboard. When you press the button, the WHOLE screen becomes a nice easy to use keyboard. Great for typing e-mails and txts.
I have been using Finger Keyboard for quite a while, but also have SPB sitting on the shelf. Tell me more about how you're using this combination ... please. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan
Threadstarter

zim2704 is just getting started

ok so i downloaded touchpal and it does seems to have a learning curve. So far it's worse than the standard full querty. Anybody have any suggestions on settings to apply to make it easier to use...i use the numbers alot to type addresses into google maps and amaze gps so quick switches between numeric and alphabet is a big plus.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
ok so i downloaded touchpal and it does seems to have a learning curve. So far it's worse than the standard full querty. Anybody have any suggestions on settings to apply to make it easier to use...i use the numbers alot to type addresses into google maps and amaze gps so quick switches between numeric and alphabet is a big plus.
Leave it on 20 key mode and just learn to type with that. You will be amazed how fast you can go. I only use the full qwerty when I need to add a specific word to the dictionary or just type a certain set of characters.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond

bobinfla is a n00b

I currenty switch between fingerkeyboard and the stock compact qwerty and full qwerty keyboards but none of them seem well suited for strings of numbers like dates.

I would rather use a numeric keypad than rely on a long press for numbers but

-Compact Qwerty has no slash mark for dates on the numeric keyboard, you have to use a seperate symbol keyboard and then after pressing the slash it automatically switches to the alpha keyboard (same with the full qwerty).

-Neither fingerkeyboard or the stock full qwerty have decimal points in their numeric keyboards.

As a result, entering dates in a 8/25/09 format and numbers with decimal points requires a frustrating number of extra keystrokes or the use of the long press on the alpha keyboard.

Is there another keyboard out there that addresses these deficiencies?

bob

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond