PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   best virtual keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80712)

zim2704 08-23-2009 07:32 PM

best virtual keyboard

I am wanting suggestions on what you think are the best on-screen keyboards you use. Currently I have fingerkeyboard but after using NRGZ rom and using the default keyboard on it I really would like to know which one that was and install it(had problems with the rom or would keep running it, absolutely loved all the apps and icons). They keys were slightly bigger than fingerkeyboards and it still kept the audio feedback while typing. I would like to keep it to free keyboards as for I don't care to spend anything on a virtual keyboard, thanks

TREmp77 08-23-2009 10:45 PM

Re: best virtual keyboard

This is from his thread, hopefully this is what you are looking for, ive never used NRGZ ROM so I dont know...it is EZInput 2.0

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1110

MrObvious 08-24-2009 02:42 AM

Been there done that, TouchPal.

basilray 08-24-2009 01:33 PM

It's not exactly what you're looking for...but I use a combination of FingerKeyboard and SPB Fullscreen Keyboard.

The Fullscreen KB from SPB maps itself to FingerKeyboard. When you press the button, the WHOLE screen becomes a nice easy to use keyboard. Great for typing e-mails and txts.

GsRb0i 08-24-2009 02:25 PM

touchpal 4.0 hands down. I used to love touch input but touchpals the way to go theres a learning curve but once you get used to it its like butter

whatthefunk 08-24-2009 03:53 PM

+1 for TouchPal! Fantastic soft keyboard. however 3.5 might be better than 4.0 so far... it's debatable.

wmdunn 08-24-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1119303)
It's not exactly what you're looking for...but I use a combination of FingerKeyboard and SPB Fullscreen Keyboard.

The Fullscreen KB from SPB maps itself to FingerKeyboard. When you press the button, the WHOLE screen becomes a nice easy to use keyboard. Great for typing e-mails and txts.

I have been using Finger Keyboard for quite a while, but also have SPB sitting on the shelf. Tell me more about how you're using this combination ... please. Thanks.

zim2704 08-24-2009 08:16 PM

ok so i downloaded touchpal and it does seems to have a learning curve. So far it's worse than the standard full querty. Anybody have any suggestions on settings to apply to make it easier to use...i use the numbers alot to type addresses into google maps and amaze gps so quick switches between numeric and alphabet is a big plus.

MrObvious 08-25-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zim2704 (Post 1120009)
ok so i downloaded touchpal and it does seems to have a learning curve. So far it's worse than the standard full querty. Anybody have any suggestions on settings to apply to make it easier to use...i use the numbers alot to type addresses into google maps and amaze gps so quick switches between numeric and alphabet is a big plus.

Leave it on 20 key mode and just learn to type with that. You will be amazed how fast you can go. I only use the full qwerty when I need to add a specific word to the dictionary or just type a certain set of characters.

bobinfla 08-25-2009 11:19 AM

I currenty switch between fingerkeyboard and the stock compact qwerty and full qwerty keyboards but none of them seem well suited for strings of numbers like dates.

I would rather use a numeric keypad than rely on a long press for numbers but

-Compact Qwerty has no slash mark for dates on the numeric keyboard, you have to use a seperate symbol keyboard and then after pressing the slash it automatically switches to the alpha keyboard (same with the full qwerty).

-Neither fingerkeyboard or the stock full qwerty have decimal points in their numeric keyboards.

As a result, entering dates in a 8/25/09 format and numbers with decimal points requires a frustrating number of extra keystrokes or the use of the long press on the alpha keyboard.

Is there another keyboard out there that addresses these deficiencies?

bob