PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DiaMoNd or OMNIA ?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80559)

dwnsouf7 08-22-2009 01:27 PM

DiaMoNd or OMNIA ??

ive had the sprint htc diamond flash to metro for a couple of months now....the unlimited minutes and internet etc. of metro iz great......But what about the oMnia from samsung ???? looks like it has a bigger screen..and also has the same features as my diamond,,,That bigger screen is a must..i think i stare too hard sometimes just looking at a simple movie..i dunno if i should wait for that touch 2 to finaly be out for sprint or verizon or juss switch to samsung and leave htc ?? wuh do u guyz think ? you think samsung can handle as much as an htc? meaning hardware,signal,and performance ?????

horndoctor 08-22-2009 01:47 PM

Re: DiaMoNd or OMNIA ??

Don't double post like this. Posting in one forum will get your questions answered.

dwnsouf7 08-23-2009 10:25 AM

theres a reason for that buddy....two diffrent answers from two diffrent phone users..

bradart 08-23-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwnsouf7 (Post 1117252)
theres a reason for that buddy....two diffrent answers from two diffrent phone users..

....and the average I.Q. of the forum drops a point.

buddhatikkigod 08-23-2009 12:06 PM

I dont understand whats wrong with what he said? Double posting is a little annoying but the guy has abit of a point, as an HTC (mostly) user i primarily read and post in the HTC phone forums. Its like asking what game console is better in a 360 or PS3 forum, if you really want to get some good useful reviews post in both forums and compare the responses.

mulhiny 08-23-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwnsouf7 (Post 1116001)
That bigger screen is a must

Looks like you answered your own question. If the bigger screen is a must, the choice is obvious. That's like saying "a physical keyboard is a must..do I get the Diamond or the Pro?"..

bradart 08-23-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 1117383)
I dont understand whats wrong with what he said? Double posting is a little annoying but the guy has abit of a point, as an HTC (mostly) user i primarily read and post in the HTC phone forums. Its like asking what game console is better in a 360 or PS3 forum, if you really want to get some good useful reviews post in both forums and compare the responses.

Well, the fact of the matter is, i own a Diamond. I have been using the diamond forum for a long time, as have many, many users that post in the diamond forum. Thustly, i would tell him to get a diamond because i am very comfortable with it. I know how it works. The same could be said about me if i were an omnia user i nthe omnia forum. The fact that i own a diamond automatically makes me favor it. This question would be absolutely perfect for the "General" forum. That way, diamond and omia users could both see the single thread and post in it. Double posting is going to give him a ton of posts pro-diamond and pro-omnia without a really in depth comparison of either in their non-respective forums.

that being said, if the larger screen is really a "must", then i'm not sure why the OP posted this question at all.

Incubated 08-23-2009 04:02 PM

as far as the screen goes, omnia has a lower resolution than the diamond. iphone has yet a bigger screen but the quality is lower. diamond has a very sharp image. but if you want more space for keyboard, then that's different. fingerkeyboard 2.1 is an absolute blessing though. it completely changed virtual keyboard experience for me. omnia also looked rather sluggish in performance when i picked it up at the store. in any case, this pointless bickering over double post is unfounded. a person asked a question and everyone just started discussing whether it was right or wrong, and how could he do it.

dwnsouf7 08-23-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1117356)
....and the average I.Q. of the forum drops a point.

Yeahh thanks to you..!!

dwnsouf7 08-23-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1117405)
Looks like you answered your own question. If the bigger screen is a must, the choice is obvious. That's like saying "a physical keyboard is a must..do I get the Diamond or the Pro?"..

i actually had lyke 15 minutes only to decide between the diamond and the pro...the guy that sold me my diamond had does two phones for cheap when i bought it from him....