PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Sometimes wrong with my diamond!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
wow, quick on the ball, you saw my post before I edited it (hate when that happens).

hold alt press 6568
ya you saw mine before I edited it (when I realized he actually used 2 question marks a lot and not just 3)

i hold alt and press 6568 and nothing happens
Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
ya you saw mine before I edited it (when I realized he actually used 2 question marks a lot and not just 3)

i hold alt and press 6568 and nothing happens
make sure its on the number pad on the right of your keyboard, the normal numbers won't work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
make sure its on the number pad on the right of your keyboard, the normal numbers won't work
¿ Nice.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Im all for flashing custom ROMs, but all this hoop-ha about flashing a custom ROM to solve his issue wont help him out. he said he was getting an hour of talk time on the stock ROM, have any of you ever only got an hour of talk time on a stock ROM? I know i get at least 3-4hrs. his problem is not his ROM..its obviosly a hardware issue.

For the original poster, yes it sounds like your problem is your battery...i know if i go to a sprint repair center and complain about a charging problem (my fiance has done this too). 99.9% of the time they just swap you out for a new battery. so i would take it in and complain obout it not charging and see what they do (but remember you want to take it to a repair center, not a sprint store). If you ever have any problems with your phone (especially like this) id just take it to a sprint repair center, from my expierence their staff have always been helpful. if you have the total equipment protection (tep) then you are covered
Old 08-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

Calico_NC is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
Im all for flashing custom ROMs, but all this hoop-ha about flashing a custom ROM to solve his issue wont help him out. he said he was getting an hour of talk time on the stock ROM, have any of you ever only got an hour of talk time on a stock ROM? I know i get at least 3-4hrs. his problem is not his ROM..its obviosly a hardware issue.

For the original poster, yes it sounds like your problem is your battery...i know if i go to a sprint repair center and complain about a charging problem (my fiance has done this too). 99.9% of the time they just swap you out for a new battery. so i would take it in and complain obout it not charging and see what they do (but remember you want to take it to a repair center, not a sprint store). If you ever have any problems with your phone (especially like this) id just take it to a sprint repair center, from my expierence their staff have always been helpful. if you have the total equipment protection (tep) then you are covered
you hit the nail right on the head, i was just about to say what u said. I know its not a software problem because i NEVER have my backlight on higher than the lowest setting..and im barely getting an hour..FOR EXAMPLE, i charged my phone this morning, it was at 100% (took over 4hrs to charge) at approximately 5:30-6:00, im at 20%! and i havent even been on the phone for 30 minutes in all (I know because im stingy with my day time minutes. lol ) I guess ill just take it to a repair center and ask for a new battery..question, does the usb chord u use affect the charging quality? Example, i have the stock HTC wallcharger, but im using a differnt mini usb chord.Does that matter in terms of charge quality?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

nah the cord shouldnt make a difference...i have about 4 or 5 different usb cords that i use and they all work just the same. good luck at the sprint repair center in getting a new battery.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

As long as the cord is good (IE you can use it for ActiveSync) then you are fine.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

Calico_NC is a n00b

well heres an update..I took it to a sprint repair center and he checked to see if the battery could hold charge..He went to the back for about 3 minutes came back and said the battery could hold at least 85% so it was fine..he told me to call the htc support number and tell them about the problem and to see if the battery was covered under the 1 year warranty. I called but the warranty office was closed, but the rep said that he's not sure whether or not its covered under the warranty..UGH!!! also the sprint repair rep told me the battery wasn't covered by insurance. So i guess im stuck at purchasing one on my own..but as far as the battery life now, i cut my phone off and charge it, the LED stays on constant meaning its 100% charged..i cut the phone back on only to see it at 0%!! WTF!!! I know it has to be the battery, but why did it pass the so called "test" the repair rep performed? unless its the actual phone..but who knows...anyway, are the batteries on ebay any good?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'd demand they fix the issue. The phone is under a 1 year warranty. The tech said the battery is fine. Then it's the phone. Go back. Tell them same problem. Don't leave without another phone with another battery. Stick to your guns. Be stern, but polite. Speak loudly enough as to not be yelling, but so that other customers hear the fact that Sprint "refuses to resolve your issue."..I've had to do this a few times and they always come through. It is Sprint's policy that if the rep cannot "resolve your issue" then need to get a manager. No way would I settle for anything less.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Go to a more knowledgable rep then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond