PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Something's wrong with my diamond!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80399)

orangekid 08-21-2009 02:09 PM

Re: Sometimes wrong with my diamond!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1114396)
wow, quick on the ball, you saw my post before I edited it (hate when that happens).

hold alt press 6568

ya you saw mine before I edited it (when I realized he actually used 2 question marks a lot and not just 3) :)

i hold alt and press 6568 and nothing happens :(

violent31601 08-21-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1114419)
ya you saw mine before I edited it (when I realized he actually used 2 question marks a lot and not just 3) :)

i hold alt and press 6568 and nothing happens :(

make sure its on the number pad on the right of your keyboard, the normal numbers won't work

orangekid 08-21-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1114507)
make sure its on the number pad on the right of your keyboard, the normal numbers won't work

¿ Nice.

tersoth 08-21-2009 04:39 PM

Im all for flashing custom ROMs, but all this hoop-ha about flashing a custom ROM to solve his issue wont help him out. he said he was getting an hour of talk time on the stock ROM, have any of you ever only got an hour of talk time on a stock ROM? I know i get at least 3-4hrs. his problem is not his ROM..its obviosly a hardware issue.

For the original poster, yes it sounds like your problem is your battery...i know if i go to a sprint repair center and complain about a charging problem (my fiance has done this too). 99.9% of the time they just swap you out for a new battery. so i would take it in and complain obout it not charging and see what they do (but remember you want to take it to a repair center, not a sprint store). If you ever have any problems with your phone (especially like this) id just take it to a sprint repair center, from my expierence their staff have always been helpful. if you have the total equipment protection (tep) then you are covered

Calico_NC 08-21-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tersoth (Post 1114720)
Im all for flashing custom ROMs, but all this hoop-ha about flashing a custom ROM to solve his issue wont help him out. he said he was getting an hour of talk time on the stock ROM, have any of you ever only got an hour of talk time on a stock ROM? I know i get at least 3-4hrs. his problem is not his ROM..its obviosly a hardware issue.

For the original poster, yes it sounds like your problem is your battery...i know if i go to a sprint repair center and complain about a charging problem (my fiance has done this too). 99.9% of the time they just swap you out for a new battery. so i would take it in and complain obout it not charging and see what they do (but remember you want to take it to a repair center, not a sprint store). If you ever have any problems with your phone (especially like this) id just take it to a sprint repair center, from my expierence their staff have always been helpful. if you have the total equipment protection (tep) then you are covered

you hit the nail right on the head, i was just about to say what u said. I know its not a software problem because i NEVER have my backlight on higher than the lowest setting..and im barely getting an hour..FOR EXAMPLE, i charged my phone this morning, it was at 100% (took over 4hrs to charge) at approximately 5:30-6:00, im at 20%! and i havent even been on the phone for 30 minutes in all (I know because im stingy with my day time minutes. lol :D) I guess ill just take it to a repair center and ask for a new battery..question, does the usb chord u use affect the charging quality? Example, i have the stock HTC wallcharger, but im using a differnt mini usb chord.Does that matter in terms of charge quality?

tersoth 08-21-2009 09:41 PM

nah the cord shouldnt make a difference...i have about 4 or 5 different usb cords that i use and they all work just the same. good luck at the sprint repair center in getting a new battery.

MrObvious 08-22-2009 09:21 AM

As long as the cord is good (IE you can use it for ActiveSync) then you are fine.

Calico_NC 09-11-2009 07:44 PM

well heres an update..I took it to a sprint repair center and he checked to see if the battery could hold charge..He went to the back for about 3 minutes came back and said the battery could hold at least 85% so it was fine..he told me to call the htc support number and tell them about the problem and to see if the battery was covered under the 1 year warranty. I called but the warranty office was closed, but the rep said that he's not sure whether or not its covered under the warranty..UGH!!! also the sprint repair rep told me the battery wasn't covered by insurance. So i guess im stuck at purchasing one on my own..but as far as the battery life now, i cut my phone off and charge it, the LED stays on constant meaning its 100% charged..i cut the phone back on only to see it at 0%!! WTF!!! I know it has to be the battery, but why did it pass the so called "test" the repair rep performed? unless its the actual phone..but who knows...anyway, are the batteries on ebay any good?

mulhiny 09-11-2009 08:20 PM

I'd demand they fix the issue. The phone is under a 1 year warranty. The tech said the battery is fine. Then it's the phone. Go back. Tell them same problem. Don't leave without another phone with another battery. Stick to your guns. Be stern, but polite. Speak loudly enough as to not be yelling, but so that other customers hear the fact that Sprint "refuses to resolve your issue."..I've had to do this a few times and they always come through. It is Sprint's policy that if the rep cannot "resolve your issue" then need to get a manager. No way would I settle for anything less.

MrObvious 09-12-2009 03:39 AM

Go to a more knowledgable rep then.