PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marklyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB to PC now defaults to Internet sharing-- how to change?

I don't know why or exactly when this started but recently when I dock my phone it defaults to internet sharing without allowing me to choose, activesync, disk or USB to PC. I am careful about not setting it as the default because I do go back and forth between the choices but now, nothing I do seems to change it back.
I opened the USB to PC and see that the "ask me first about usb connection..." is checked. I unchecked it and re-checked it but still, I don't get the choice anymore when I dock.

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: USB to PC now defaults to Internet sharing-- how to change?

Hey! I'm not sure what to say but first for now try flashing to shipping or stock ROM and another ROM or latest one you had to see if that fixes it while i try to look up your issue
Old 08-20-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

marklyn is a n00b

I know that re-flashing it fixes the problem because I've done that before (for other reasons, not because of this issue). Thing is, that it's happened again and I haven't been doing anything related to the USB to PC settings to 'provoke' a change.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:16 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

may i ask what ROM your using and what version? latest? and ur using a sprint htc touch diamond correct?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

marklyn is a n00b

GrooveROM5 and yes, Sprint HTC Diamond.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

mmmmm tsk tsk... let me try looking it up a lil bit tad more :P for now i'd really say ou try his latest found here http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=460 unless u want to wait till we find a way to fix it :P
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

marklyn is a n00b

Well, I'm not fond of the changes to his newer ROMS so I'm sticking with the ROM I have for now

I'll continue to look myself into the problem and I can always reflash and restore from a backup but I prefer to find out why this occurs.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
Well, I'm not fond of the changes to his newer ROMS so I'm sticking with the ROM I have for now

I'll continue to look myself into the problem and I can always reflash and restore from a backup but I prefer to find out why this occurs.
np bro i'll keep looking out the issue with you and reply or pm you if i find it try pming groove :P
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you check under Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

marklyn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Did you check under Start->Settings->Connections->USB to PC?
Yes, that was mentioned in my initial post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond