PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 12:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pufftissue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
windows mobile 6.5--how's the speed/snappiness?

As a former person whose last taste of the Mogul /Touch Pro was dramatic instability issues and incredible pokiness, where are we now?
It's been about a year but the lure of windows mobile 6.5 has made me lurk again.

If I install 6.5 is it going to be snappy like on the Treo Pro / 800w?
I'm about stability and speed.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Re: windows mobile 6.5--how's the speed/snappiness?

loll honestly theres so many different version of wm 6.5 it all depends on which one you choice with what programs you install that are/arent compatible with wm6.5

Ill tell you something i went to 6.5, tried going back to 6.1 and just couldnt do it. I say give it a try. Try out a couple different SYS's and see how you like it. Go with something in the middle 23016 something like that. Something new, but stable.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
loll honestly theres so many different version of wm 6.5 it all depends on which one you choice with what programs you install that are/arent compatible with wm6.5

Ill tell you something i went to 6.5, tried going back to 6.1 and just couldnt do it. I say give it a try. Try out a couple different SYS's and see how you like it. Go with something in the middle 23016 something like that. Something new, but stable.
I would recommend something with the 23016, it is probably the best of the best for WM 6.5.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to diamond main forum
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
As a former person whose last taste of the Mogul /Touch Pro was dramatic instability issues and incredible pokiness, where are we now?
It's been about a year but the lure of windows mobile 6.5 has made me lurk again.

If I install 6.5 is it going to be snappy like on the Treo Pro / 800w?
I'm about stability and speed.
I can't really compare to the Treo Pro because I've never used it. However, I can tell ya that the rom I am using (Energy Rom "Warhawk") is fairly stable and fast. It does have its quirks though because it is using the latest and greatest software. (WiMo 6.5 SYS 23001, Tachi Dialer, Manila 2.1). I find myself still soft-resetting, but it went from once a day on the stock Sprint ROM to maybe twice a week on Energy's ROM (usually only happens when I try to load a page that has flash, flash on WiMo phones is buggy as hell).
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

me personally.. mightyrom 6.5. cant go wrong with it. clean, simple, fast and it just works.

juicy too, but since his rom doesnt include the mini stock htc keyboard, its a no go for me. i like to peck peck with my stylus instead of finger typing.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
me personally.. mightyrom 6.5. cant go wrong with it. clean, simple, fast and it just works.

juicy too, but since his rom doesnt include the mini stock htc keyboard, its a no go for me. i like to peck peck with my stylus instead of finger typing.
haha really? It just seems so slow to sit there and peck away.

I liked Juicy's ROM as well, but there were some problems with his ROM I couldn't get past. It was mostly an issue with 3D games. I've tried MightyROM and it is a very clean and stable ROM, but for some reason ActiveSync over USB stopped working for me when I used his ROM. I'm certain that was fixed, though.

Anyways, enough 'hijacking', I think your just going to have to try one the new 6.5 ROMs and decide for yourself, each developers ROM is catered to what they believe should be in/on the device, so to an extent, each ROM will have a different 'feel' to it. Everyone who has used 6.5 so far seems to agree that they would not go back to 6.1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond