PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whats the best Rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I use old school Mighty ROM 3.9 because the best rom for me is one that I find to have the best battery life. So far I haven't used anything better.
My man Muhiny in the house!! Good to see you around these parts man. Yep, Mighty 3.9 is a absolute classic. That rom was fast as hell, great battery life and absolutely nothing wrong with it, nothing. Also the fastest tf mail flip I've seen yet. LOL
But having said that, I would try them all and make your own decision, lose lots of sleep, cause your wife your significant other to *****, make less money since you're playing around on here, etc. etc. etc. who's with me!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
My man Muhiny in the house!! Good to see you around these parts man. Yep, Mighty 3.9 is a absolute classic. That rom was fast as hell, great battery life and absolutely nothing wrong with it, nothing. Also the fastest tf mail flip I've seen yet. LOL
But having said that, I would try them all and make your own decision, lose lots of sleep, cause your wife your significant other to *****, make less money since you're playing around on here, etc. etc. etc. who's with me!!!

Haha absolutely.. my question is what ROM do you fall back on or use currently Riley? You seem to answer most the questions around this forum and you are the one to go to!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

an ideal rom will have the best stability, speed, and battery life. all else is strictly matter of preference, whether you use google maps, bing, or tom tom, but no one will opt out of these three features. built in tweaks like color schemes, menu customizations, sounds, are nice too but its still an added bonus. sometimes it's all the fun making your rom tailored exactly to your taste, like suping up a car, but it can also be a chore looking for all the apps, and versions of the apps, and installing the apps. after all, some apps you do need.

as far as the actual roms go, try calkulin's kitchen to build your own. that way you get to experiment with different sys versions, and apps you would use. alRom is one of my favourites, with amazing stability, speed, and battery life. the most recent rom i installed was TRUxt rom which was pretty much back to basics. i installed all the apps i wanted, and configured it rather pleasantly. that took time, but now its good. it runs very fast, and the battery is great. i almost never have to reset the phone.

all roms will have their shortcomings. short battery life is absolute turn off for me. if the stability is unreliable you will start hating it, missing calls, texts, and just the sheer annoyance. it will also drain the battery faster, all the reboots, and such.

as i said, either try calkulin's newest kitchen. sys with 23xxx are windows 6.5 21xxx 6.1. there is no significant difference, but the 6.5 tends to be less stable. truxt rom is very nice but takes work. alRom is sweet, though the 23004 sys was rather sour. and that's that. in any case, one you start flashing, you will most likely flash them all. its pretty fun.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
off topic, but Wassup Riley? Dumped the Touch Pro and back to the Diamond! I'll be around a while.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I use old school Mighty ROM 3.9 because the best rom for me is one that I find to have the best battery life. So far I haven't used anything better.
LOL!, Talk about a blast from the past with that ROM.

I should never have continued updated after that point haha... It was followed by many disappointing months!!!

3.9 Was epic!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

:lol Mike. Just work on 6.5 and keep me happy.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I may switch to mighty now that calc and groove are MIA from ppcgeeks, i've heard all good things. Is there a mighty 6.5 that's "lite" or stripped down so I don't have 5 megs free on my device after flashing?

I hate having a bunch of stuff included in the rom, whereas I have most of the programs I like on my storage card anyways (google maps, etc...)
Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
Haha absolutely.. my question is what ROM do you fall back on or use currently Riley? You seem to answer most the questions around this forum and you are the one to go to!
fall back rom is from groove's kitchen or mighty 6.5 final rom for sure but I've been rolling NRG fantastic tf2.1 rom alot and SSK roms from his stable, fast, creative kitchen for a good month. All are top notch in my opinion. Mystery last release/kitchen was amazing and da-reeeseboy makes a killer rom/kitchen. RSTG rom was the best most creative rom to date in my opinion. oh shoot, Watzone and Bear Bonz are/were the shiz.... I guess I don't have a fall back... If you put a gun to my head, I would probably just say shoot
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
LOL!, Talk about a blast from the past with that ROM.

I should never have continued updated after that point haha... It was followed by many disappointing months!!!

3.9 Was epic!
that should have been your final at bat, you hit the grand slam to win the world series in the bottom of the ninth, Blue Jays 4/ Dodgers 3! no seriously, an eta on the latest 6.5?? jk
Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
off topic, but Wassup Riley? Dumped the Touch Pro and back to the Diamond! I'll be around a while.
great to see you back in the house man. Where putting the band back together, Whattathink Mike? that tp2 aint all that. weeeelll maybe it is. my t-mobile rep called me to lure me back to the dark side this week. has two tp2 sitting there but I'll wait.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond