PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sprint SMS sending issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80086)

slowputer 08-19-2009 08:24 AM

Sprint SMS sending issue

I am not sure if the problem is with my Diamond or my wife's Treo 650, but here it goes...

She keeps receiving the same SMS over and over. And they are the SMS I sent her from my Diamond. Only my messages. It happens every few days or so. Any insight?

orangekid 08-19-2009 09:34 AM

Re: Sprint SMS sending issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowputer (Post 1109837)
I am not sure if the problem is with my Diamond or my wife's Treo 650, but here it goes...

She keeps receiving the same SMS over and over. And they are the SMS I sent her from my Diamond. Only my messages. It happens every few days or so. Any insight?

that's pretty weird, sometimes when in a bad service area I know it will put it in the outbox then send it when I'm in range and resend it a couple times after that sometimes (for no reason). I'm assuming you soft reset your phone every day or couple days right?

slowputer 08-19-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1109924)
that's pretty weird, sometimes when in a bad service area I know it will put it in the outbox then send it when I'm in range and resend it a couple times after that sometimes (for no reason). I'm assuming you soft reset your phone every day or couple days right?

I only soft-reset after an issue (lockup), or when the EVDO is not working fast enough in full coverage area. I am very proud of my "non reset" status. ;-)

orangekid 08-19-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowputer (Post 1110054)
I only soft-reset after an issue (lockup), or when the EVDO is not working fast enough in full coverage area. I am very proud of my "non reset" status. ;-)

proud as you may be, it may well behoove you to see if it stops this txt thing :)

slowputer 08-19-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1110060)
proud as you may be, it may well behoove you to see if it stops this txt thing :)

Will try it. Thank you kindly

orangekid 08-19-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowputer (Post 1110064)
Will try it. Thank you kindly

sure, and try to see if when you're sending sms, if it tells you "out of coverage, will send later..." or something like that.

billyapd21 08-19-2009 11:38 AM

Are you using a custom rom or sprint stock?

TREmp77 08-19-2009 01:05 PM

Since your info says Juicy ROM, I wonder if you used the Clear Storage method to hard reset after flashing. This is a known issue and doing the flash shipped, flash Custom, and then clear storage method seems to be the only fix. If in fact that is the same problem.

slowputer 08-19-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 1110283)
Since your info says Juicy ROM, I wonder if you used the Clear Storage method to hard reset after flashing. This is a known issue and doing the flash shipped, flash Custom, and then clear storage method seems to be the only fix. If in fact that is the same problem.

I did not know that. When I get home and can sych again, I will do a clear storage. Thanks=D>

orangekid 08-19-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowputer (Post 1110290)
I did not know that. When I get home and can sych again, I will do a clear storage. Thanks=D>

be sure to back up storage!