PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lalord69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help checking a cell south ESN

I am trying to switch to cellular south and a friend is selling me his diamond but i cannot get thru stupid cell south customer service reps to check if the ESN is clean, can anyone help me on checking this esn? I tried tech support they wouldnt talk to me because i dont have an account, csr is the same way...
Old 08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: help checking a cell south ESN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalord69 View Post
I am trying to switch to cellular south and a friend is selling me his diamond but i cannot get thru stupid cell south customer service reps to check if the ESN is clean, can anyone help me on checking this esn? I tried tech support they wouldnt talk to me because i dont have an account, csr is the same way...
I don't know how ell i'll be able to help, but here we go:
You could
  1. Go to a corporate store and socially engineer an attractive young associate into checking th ESN for you
  2. Keep calling customer service and climbing through the ranks until they finally check for you
    1. Tell them that this specific phone is the deciding factor to wether or not you start service with them
    2. Tell them that, as an open network(which i assume they are) that they are obligated to let you know wether or not this device can be used
    3. always ask for the manager
  3. Some phone companies automatically generate an account when you have a credit check run through them, so that may be a viable way to go. I know for a fact it works on sprint. Just make sure to get the ACCT # if one is created
I hope any of that helps.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond