PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cbutters is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cbutters
Upgrading to Touch Pro off ebay? Please Help.

Hello everyone, I am an owner of a Touch Diamond; I recently had my vibrator on the phone go out and the Sprint Technician said that it cannot be fixed so they are going to order me a brand new Touch Diamond.

Here's my question: Since I am getting a brand new phone, I want to sell it on ebay and then buy a Touch Pro off ebay and use that (I always kicked myself for getting the diamond when it first came out and then the touch pro came out and I had keyboard envy!)
So I understand the OS and hardware on the phone pretty well, but have no idea about the whole ESN clean vs dirty and whatnot.

When I receive this new Touch Diamond, Im sure they will swap my account over to the ESN on the new touch diamond. If I buy a Touch Pro off of ebay and want to sell my diamond on ebay, how do I sell the touch diamond with a "clean ESN" and how do I move my account to the new Touch Pro that I buy off of ebay?

Also, does anybody suggest waiting for the HTC Hero instead?

Any suggestions or comments are welcome, thanks a lot.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Upgrading to Touch Pro off ebay? Please Help.

Simply, a clean ESN is just a phone that hasn't been blacklisted to a carrier. An example would be from an insurance claim where someone claimed the phone was lost. Another example was a terminated contract.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutters View Post
Hello everyone, I am an owner of a Touch Diamond; I recently had my vibrator on the phone go out and the Sprint Technician said that it cannot be fixed so they are going to order me a brand new Touch Diamond.

Here's my question: Since I am getting a brand new phone, I want to sell it on ebay and then buy a Touch Pro off ebay and use that (I always kicked myself for getting the diamond when it first came out and then the touch pro came out and I had keyboard envy!)
So I understand the OS and hardware on the phone pretty well, but have no idea about the whole ESN clean vs dirty and whatnot.

When I receive this new Touch Diamond, Im sure they will swap my account over to the ESN on the new touch diamond. If I buy a Touch Pro off of ebay and want to sell my diamond on ebay, how do I sell the touch diamond with a "clean ESN" and how do I move my account to the new Touch Pro that I buy off of ebay?

Also, does anybody suggest waiting for the HTC Hero instead?

Any suggestions or comments are welcome, thanks a lot.
Since you are getting your Diamond from Sprint, it will have a clean ESN.
More importantly, your concern would be to make sure the Pro you get on Ebay has a clean ESN.
I never purchased a device off Ebay but I would ask the seller for the ESN before bidding on it. I would then call the carrier and see if the ESN is clean.
I am not sure if that can be done though due to Privacy issues but someone will be able to verify if that can be done, and if not, then what is the best way to verify an ESN.
As for the Hero, I don't know much about it. It is Android, so I don't know how stable the OS is at this stage of the game.
Maybe stick with WinMo until more info gets out regarding reviews, user's experiences, etc., etc.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Just be sure NOT to activate the diamond when you get it. Don't even turn it on. If they register that ESN with your account, thats when a snafu can occur and might blacklist your ESN. On the subject of the Touch Pro, I would try my hardest to get the TP first and activate that because, sometimes, they program your phone over the air, so you'll have no control over what happens with the Diamond ESN if turn it on. Working for Radioshack, i've seen it happen before. So, in summation, leave the diamond in the box, call to make sure the ESN is clear on the TP, activate the TP, sell the Diamond. Dance.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Just be sure NOT to activate the diamond when you get it. Don't even turn it on. If they register that ESN with your account, thats when a snafu can occur and might blacklist your ESN.
And why do u think they would they do that?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

raynejarre is a n00b

Quote:
Just be sure NOT to activate the diamond when you get it. Don't even turn it on. If they register that ESN with your account, thats when a snafu can occur and might blacklist your ESN.
Hehe, if by "snafu" you mean "Get a rep who can't follow policy when swapping your ESN"

But yeah, just as a heads up, I work dealer support over at Sprint, and we get a _TON_ of dealers who call in because a customer brought in a "new" phone they got off Ebay, and the phone is blacklisted. Unfortunately, the blacklist is a pain to get phones off of, as by policy in order to request a phone removed from the blacklist, it has to have first been on your account.

Makes it a pain. I would definitely try and get the ESN on the Pro first, and then call in or go into a store and have them check the ESN, they shouldn't have any problems letting you know if it was active on an account or not, and at least if you get someone competent, they can let you know if it is blacklisted.

Also, be careful about them sending you a "brand new" touch diamond. Chances are it is refurbished. You can always call in about that ESN too.

Best of luck in your adventures!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

honestly I would just use the PPC trader forum and I bet you could get an awesome deal, brand new diamond for used pro, I've seen people on there trying to trade straight up pro for diamond. And you know its trusted members and admins and mods can help, I'd do that over ebay any day.

here's the forum:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Old 08-17-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
honestly I would just use the PPC trader forum and I bet you could get an awesome deal, brand new diamond for used pro, I've seen people on there trying to trade straight up pro for diamond. And you know its trusted members and admins and mods can help, I'd do that over ebay any day.
That is what I thought too but you can get messed over anywhere even here... Two bought off of Ebay without prob and one off of here that I had to file PayPal claim over...

So for me its Ebay = 2 / PPCG trader = -1

Communication is the key to any sale. Ask clear straight forward questions and you should good answers, if you get bs answers then stay away!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond