PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pandora help

i installed pandora the other day but wasn't able to set up an account. the website only allows us visitors, and from my mobile it says u need a 5 digit zip code, and there is nowhere to put it in. maybe it knows by my email that i am in canada. should i make a new email or can this be patched?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Re: Pandora help

Hum.. fairly sure they check the IP and they know your not in the US. Their preaty tight due to the royalties they pay.
On another note, as much as I love Pandora, it absolutely blows on WM. The sound quality is very bad in my opinion. Although I do listen to it all day at work on my PC!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

bastards. ah well. i guess shoutcast will have to do. the good thing about having an app is that cuts down the website load times, and clicks.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Hum.. fairly sure they check the IP and they know your not in the US. Their preaty tight due to the royalties they pay.
On another note, as much as I love Pandora, it absolutely blows on WM. The sound quality is very bad in my opinion. Although I do listen to it all day at work on my PC!

Our office does too. My boss even broke down just yesterday and paid for the year subscription. No more commercials, or random stops in the music.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I may just get Pandora as a subscription. I love the service.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I think Pandora is one of the greatest things to ever be birthed by the internet, and its a shame that the dropped the ball so hard on windows mobile. Apparently the last.fm app for WM is supposed to be pretty kickarse, so that might be worth a look too. Not sure off hand whether or not they allow non-US listening though. If i wasn't at work i could research it.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Link to the app?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 AM
N00b
Carrier: Alltel

bmxmike is a n00b

Personally I think the sound quality is Very Good(with headphones). As for the app it was in the app forum not sure if it's still there. You need to download 2 apps....

First: Pandora install cab and install it
Second: Download the Pandora VGA fix and then move the .exe to the installed location.

To get the keyboard to work you need to set one of the hard buttons to keyboard to force the keyboard to open
Old 08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Link to the app?
Yeah... where is the link to the cab or so.. there site only shows Iphone and Android :\
Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
Yeah... where is the link to the cab or so.. there site only shows Iphone and Android :\
Sorry, the bulk of my ppcgeeking is done at work and my capabilities are limited. No time to do it right now, but a search for last.fm in the software forum should reveal the truth...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond