PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen keeps on turning on

This has been driving me nuts. I used to use Grooverom and I switched to Juicy rom 8 hoping it would fix it, but the screen keeps on randomly turning on. Someone mentioned this might have something to do with reception and antenna switching. Is there any way to deactivate this as it's causing my phone to dial in my pocket =/

My touch diamond is a sprint version.

well found my own answer I guess about what's causing it

"This is something common to windows mobile and I had the same problem when i stayed at my parent's home which had poor reception.
The screen will turn on by itself, but shouldn't unlock your device if you locked it before sleeping it and unfortunately with touch flow 3D you have to set the hard key to lock or create an icon for you to lock the screen before sleeping, otherwise you risk calling people randomly and also just pressing things on the screen. The reason for this is caused by multiple factors.
1. Data is being sent/recieved - this relates to picture mail, e-mail, IM clients etc. If you have set up your e-mail, weather etc, to auto check then the device will wake each time.
2. Change of signal and service. If your device goes from No service into service it will also wake the device. Changing networks - home to roam - sprint to vzw etc. will also wake the device.
3. Not closing various 3rd party programs will also wake the device."

Errr.... Now I guess any solutions out there?

Last edited by zoglog; 08-14-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Screen keeps on turning on

Get a screen locking app...I use lockmelite but there are others out there as well that are good. No more pocket dialing.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Leave it in 1x if you aren't using data and it shouldn't do that as much. I use S2U2 and just have agressive screen shutting of policies on my phone to save battery.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 > S2u2
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoglog View Post
1. Data is being sent/recieved - this relates to picture mail, e-mail, IM clients etc. If you have set up your e-mail, weather etc, to auto check then the device will wake each time.
2. Change of signal and service. If your device goes from No service into service it will also wake the device. Changing networks - home to roam - sprint to vzw etc. will also wake the device.
3. Not closing various 3rd party programs will also wake the device."
My phone auto-updates pretty much everything that can be auto-updated and, in addition to that, i have pocketwit running 24/7 auto updating every 15 minutes and my screen never comes on unless i get a text or unlock it myself. I think that the 1x/roam to EVDO looks like the most likely culprit, however, i was wrong this one time, so i guess i could be this time too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Leave it in 1x if you aren't using data and it shouldn't do that as much. I use S2U2 and just have agressive screen shutting of policies on my phone to save battery.
"agressive screen shutting of policies" LOL how eloquently put.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Whoops I had a typo. It's off not of.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

hmmm is s2su compatible with manila 2.1? The WM6.5 def had some issues w/ locking.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I see you have a PPC.

It should be I think. I use it with WM 6.5 and it's a little buggy when I get a phone call sometimes but other then that it seems to work greaet.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Palm Treo Pro, Blackberry Curve, HTC Mogul, 6700, MOTO Q9C (JUNK)
Carrier: SUPER GEEK IN TRAINING !!!!
Location: I LIVE IN A VAN! DOWN BY THE RIVER! IN BRISTOL, CT...SOMEWHERE NEAR ESPN..

mullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

+1 s2u2 . Maybe try to update your prl?? May help, settings, system, update prl.

JOIN THE COZBOOGIE MALITIA...CHICKS DIG IT!!!
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9439

HELP A WHITEBOY BUILD HIS REP, HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU OUT... THANKS!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NunyaBiz is a n00b

Anyone have a solution to this problem that addresses the causes (disabling the screen waking on certain events) and doesn't just put a bandaid on it (lock the screen to prevent accidental dialing or inputs)? This has been driving me absolutely CRAZY for several months. My screen wakes CONSTANTLY throughout the day and my battery life is woeful because of it. If I talk on the the phone for 30 min., do some net surfing and texting/emailing, I can expect to get a few hrs. of battery life at most. Even if I don't do anything at all with the phone, the battery won't even come close to making it through the day. Despite my power settings, when the screen wakes then dims, sometimes it stays dimmed instead of blacking out entirely.

I too suspected it was from tower switching (between EVDO and 1xRTT), but even after I applied a hack to force 1xRTT, I still kept having the problem and it actually seemed worse! It seems like an extremely serious flaw that the screen should wake for certain events for no good reason (provides no advantage), especially a touch screen phone.

Anyone know if any custom ROMs fix this issue or if it's fixed in wm6.5? Someone please help if you know of any possible solutions! This problem is making me hate my phone.

I should've mentioned I'm using the original Sprint stock ROM (not 2.0) and radio. When I lost my original phone I temporarily had gotten a refurb. phone that had the 2.0 ROM on it and updated 1.11 radio, but that had the same screen waking issues and host of NEW problems (constant crashing/freezing even after 2 hard resets) that I complained and sent it back and they sent me a brand new original phone (with orig. ROM and radio).

Last edited by NunyaBiz; 09-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond