PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Watching Movies / Video on Your Diamond

I am starting this thread to find what the best combo of video ripping software / rip settings / and mobile player software is.

I can get good results with DVD's ripped into standard MPEG-4 videos with a program called #1 DVD Ripper version 7.x (they are up to version 8.x but I get better results with the older version) and played back with Coreplayer v1.3 in QTv mode. Standard DVD's all come in 480p resolution. Because most movies usually have a 2.4/1 or 2.35/1 pixel-to-aspect ratio (PAR) part of that 480p is going to be the black matt (bars) on the top and bottom of the picture. If you crop out the black bars you are left with about 360 vertical pixels. Since the Diamond's screen has a 1.33/1 PAR I think it looks best to crop the original video to about a 1.5 PAR. So, that leaves you with a max resolution of 540x360.
If you rip your DVD's with #1 DVD Ripper v7.x in list mode into standard MPEG-4's with the "iphone" profile at a res of 540x360 and 1000 kb/sec coreplayer can play these videos quite well (Benchmark scores of about %110). You will have to edit the file for that profile with a text editor to add the 540x360 resolution.
I am using the stock Sprint ROM
Here is a test vid for ya...in Corplayer I get smooth playback and benchamark scores of around %110

MPEG4 540x360 840kbps.zip
Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx
Re: Watching Movies / Video on Your Diamond

Alright. You're doing it allllll wrong :P

The solution? WMP/HTC Album. Yes. They will render it correctly providing you use the correct settings, because they are hardware accelerated.

Rip how you want, but here you go:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467112

Donate if you like my work!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Threadstarter

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work

I still get a small amount of choppyness when I play videos ripped with that program and then played in Album/WMP. I am using a completely stock Sprint ROM. Are there any regedits I need to make or files I need to install to get these videos to run completely smootly in Album/WMP???

When you say settings, can you change any of the settings in Album/WMP??? I am still getting some chop when I render videos with the software in your link

Last edited by sonicboom; 02-17-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

OK, so the Encoder that is available at the XDA link above - that's just for encoding after ripping from a physical DVD with another program? Or is it supposed to be able to rip directly from a DVD?

Also, if anyone could recommend a good DVD ripper, I'd appreciate it. I've struggled to find one that has a worthwhile enough trial to give me an idea of whether it would work well with my phone. It's been quite an ordeal, including a horrible malware nightmare, etc. So, any suggestions would be very welcome.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

DirtyD24 is a n00b

try DVD shrink its freeware and will decypt copyright and then you can compress the file smaller i think, I havnt used it but my buddy swears by it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

I tried DVD Shrink - it didn't work. I get reading errors after 6-9% on the DVD's - cyclical redundancy check?. I thought I had gotten somewhere with AV DVD Morpher Player, but then the output .avi only had audio and no video. So, if anyone has any suggestions. I'm willing to pay. Ideally would like a fully functional trial of at least a day. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

spb software has one I've used, dvd mobile or something, but I tend to go back to www.slysoft.com. They are constantly updating it and works well. You'll need AnyDVD and CloveDVDmobile. I just haven't searched/found a decent player for my phone yet...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I must have tried 20 different rippers & I'm picky as hell.

All I use now is cucusoft Ultimate DVD convertor. I use that to rip DVD's to h.264 & play on both my TouchPro with WMP or my Ipod Touch.

The results are super.

~John
Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

norbak1258 is a n00b

your problem for ripping is very easy to fix, anydvd plus dvdshrink, all your problems will go away.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

chaoticallysweet is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to chaoticallysweet

I use dvd fab, it has the options already built in to convert rip dvds to any format including xbox,mobile, psp... no choppingness. there is a trial out there I do not know if it lets you try that functionality in the trial, however I have the full version..........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond