PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

ammaralo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
my issues with the diamond

Hi everyone, I hope your doing well.
I have had the diamond for about 6 months, I have the new rom from sprint, but I have some issues that I have not been able to get around, I have done searches with no avail.
First is text messages: Any time I hit reply to a message, and i start typing, the first character I type always disappears.
Second, text messages take a long time to load when I hit reply, or even when I close a thread.
Third, recently, the text messaging has been freezing briefly while I am typing replies.

My second problem is with ringer/notifications.
This is really annoying. Every time I set the ringer to "Ring and Vibrate", it switches back to just ring.
Then it turns off the notifications for new MMS messages, and reminders.

I dont know how to make these ringers stick.

the text message thing is very annoying as well.

any help would be truly truly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work
Re: my issues with the diamond

your new rom is causing the problem with the first character dissappearing. I had this happening to me too.
I would flash mighty rom and that will resolve all your issues. Sprints rom is not good for much in my eyes. I have had the diamond for 6 months and haven't had one problem.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammaralo View Post
Hi everyone, I hope your doing well.
I have had the diamond for about 6 months, I have the new rom from sprint, but I have some issues that I have not been able to get around, I have done searches with no avail.
First is text messages: Any time I hit reply to a message, and i start typing, the first character I type always disappears.
Second, text messages take a long time to load when I hit reply, or even when I close a thread.
Third, recently, the text messaging has been freezing briefly while I am typing replies.

My second problem is with ringer/notifications.
This is really annoying. Every time I set the ringer to "Ring and Vibrate", it switches back to just ring.
Then it turns off the notifications for new MMS messages, and reminders.

I dont know how to make these ringers stick.

the text message thing is very annoying as well.

any help would be truly truly appreciated.

pretty much any non-stock rom will do the trick for these issues.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the new version of the stock ROM.
Only issues are
1) keyboard freezing occasionally. Usually happens when I am typing fast.
2) only letter that I cannot type is "i" When I try, it ends up being upper case instead of lower case.
But if I type "in" I can backspace and delete the "n"
Pain in the as* but a workaround until Sprint fixes it.
3) screen freezes occasionally. But unfreezes after a few seconds.
So far, those are the only issues I have noticed.
The original stock ROM was nothing but a Big Pain in the As* !
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-12-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx HTC Diamond

Brighteyes72 is a n00b

I just got the phone but had it for a day with the rom that was on it and then added the new sprint rom and been having just about the same problems, I thought it was cause I was not used to the phone or something I was doing wrong. Plus since the upgrade in the morning I can’t get the screen to come on and the phone is super hot, now that I think about it. And as fare as the battery life goes I don’t think it helped it a bit. What rom will keep the phone as close to how it operates now since I like the way I got it setup finally, but working right? I been reading, looking for a new rom but some seem not to have everything the same program wise. Sorry new to all of this.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would reflash the stock ROM.
Could be that it did ot flash properly and doing it again may help.
Before you do the above, take look at your device info and make sure you have the new ROM installed.
You can find the newest stock ROM in my signature.
Did you get the Diamond from Sprint because it should have had the new ROM already installed.
If not already installed, Sprint could have flashed it for you.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ammaralo is a n00b

I have the newest sprint rom and radio
anyone experience the notifications issue?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

dreamer3kx is just getting started

Dude just flash to one of the many great custom roms here, thanks to Mighty4 Final my Diamond has been problem free for me, its the best thing you could do for your phone.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Right. MightyROM4 Final is so stable and has better battery life. It isn't hard.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 700wx HTC Diamond

Brighteyes72 is a n00b

I got the phone from a authorized sprint dealer since the next sprint store is like a hour away and it had a old rom on it I downloaded the new rom and flashed it. Yes I could have had them do it since they also work on the phone’s but did not want to wait, techs are always bussy… Also tried re-flashed it and the same problems with the SMS and the batter life was crap right away and now it even changed some of the things around. All I have is the new rom not even the old one that was on the phone also I do not know if it matters this phone was made 17/7/08 I got insurants and I can take it back just have to pay $35 to restock if I go to the different phone or I can get a different diamond for free if they find this one to be bad. Here is a question I have also been wondering about, if I brick the phone can the techs get it back up and even tell that I bricked it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond