PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

manishie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wireless & bluetooth at same time?

hi all,

(yes i searched. no i couldn't find an answer).

i cannot seem to use both the wireless and bluetooth radios concurrently. is this a limitation of the device, or of windows mobile? i've had the same problem on numerous roms (currently running juicy .

any workarounds?

i have a carputer, and i use my diamond for wireless connectivity. i also have a bluetooth handsfree device. as soon as i turn on wireless, my bluetooth won't work.

mkm
Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: wireless & bluetooth at same time?

This was the intent of PDANet's 2.00 release. It was suppose to enable "Proxy Mode" to allow the device to not break the data connection when you receive a voice call.
They didn't do a very good job....I think it's still a limitation of the network/device.

Here is some more info: PDANet v2.0

Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, there are several issues involved here.. more specifics needed.

rstoyguy is correct about no simultaneous voice and data, a call should put the data session on hold until you finish the call (unless the call is really long)
it is a limitation of the phone's radio (hehe, I've proved the network can do it)

Last edited by shaggylive; 08-14-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

manishie is a n00b

sorry, let me clarify. when i get in to my car, i'd like it if i could have the wireless going (so that my carpc is online), and also my bluetooth connected (so that my bluetooth speakerphone works if the phone rings or i call out). i understand and have no problem with the data stopping while i'm on the phone.

the problem is that as soon as i turn on my wireless on the phone, the bluetooth device and my phone become unpaired. the moment i turn off wireless, they re-pair. i've tried this with two bluetooth devices, same problem.

when i talk about turning on the wireless - this includes running wmwifirouter, running the new htc wireless sharing app, or simply just going to comm manager and turning on the wireless radio.

thanks all for responding
Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ok, that's what I thought. and that is not completely normal.
I say completely because they both share a radio, so there can be some conflict.
However, I've never had this problem on any of my ppc's.

I'm obviously the sharing apps are suspect, but the more I think about it I lean toward the hardware.

regardless the advice is the same ;b
flash the shipped rom from usb, then simply pair a headset and try wifi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Here is a link to the page with the stock sprint rom
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
Stock Sprint Shipped ROM
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
and here is the relocker to lock after you flash back to stock
Raphael_CDMA_Relocker.zip

also, as I was typing an ooold regedit slowly woke up and crawled out of the cobwebs... I finally found it, but i'm not sure it actually would apply after all.

is it just bluetooth? can you wifi to an ap/hotspot while on a call?

Last edited by shaggylive; 08-14-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:49 AM
ill
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

ill is keeping up the good workill is keeping up the good work

i know if you connect to wifi then are on the phone it works.. but if you are on the phone and then connect it wont work. which sucks cause with the touch you could connect wifi either way.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

oh.. ha.. so just now am I realizing this is a diamond thread.
not that it should matter, but could.

I'd like to know how ill used wifi on a touch?? lol ;b

I have seen more issues like this with diamonds than touchpro's though, but what do I know, I'm a sucker for keyboards.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond