PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wm6.5 Latest Build build 23016

Okay, had wm6.5, then went back down to 6.1 and well i cant do it. 6.5 is a world a difference comapred to 6.1 Its like going from windows 7 down to windows vista. Or from Windows Xp down to windows 98. Once you get a taste of it, theres no going back

Hey was just wondering if 23016 is the latest build? I'm assuming 23022 is the latest, but is it stable enough for everyday use? Is there any newer builds out there other than those 2?

Last edited by hasseye; 08-11-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: Wm6.5 Latest Build build 23016

Try NRGZ (energy rom) its based on 23016 build, also NRGZ is working on the 23024 build

Last edited by gutrrob; 08-11-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

23025 is out available at XDA, but can you just throw in your SYS/XIP into your existing kitchen and start cooking?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
23025 is out available at XDA, but can you just throw in your SYS/XIP into your existing kitchen and start cooking?
It depends on your kitchen. If you're using visual kitchen, just put the new SYS folder (ie 23025) into the SYS folder in the kitchen. Then put the MSXIPKernel folder from the SYS/ROM you downloaded into the ***\Visual Kitchen\ROM\Shared\23025. Then make a new folder called 23025 in ***\Visual Kitchen\ROM\DIAM500 and copy the OEMXipKernel from the previous build in that folder to 23025. This is the device specific portion of the XIP you need. You'll want to recmod the modules in all of the BROWSING folders inside the new SYS folder. Also do all adobe ones. Those are the ones I've read to make sure to recmod. I also recmod all WindowsLive folders and NetCF. You can use the attached .bat made by da_g to recmod easier (or use visual kitchen if you like clicking your mouse a lot :P). Just put the .bat in the folder you want to recmod (inside your kitchen ie \Visual Kitchen\SYS\230258\SHARED\COMMON\BROWSING) and double click it.

You can read more at everythingdiamond.info and da_g's sticky thread at xda development and hacking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip modules-to-files-sys-shared-common.zip (309 Bytes, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It depends on your kitchen. If you're using visual kitchen, just put the new SYS folder (ie 23025) into the SYS folder in the kitchen. Then put the MSXIPKernel folder from the SYS/ROM you downloaded into the ***\Visual Kitchen\ROM\Shared\23025. Then make a new folder called 23025 in ***\Visual Kitchen\ROM\DIAM500 and copy the OEMXipKernel from the previous build in that folder to 23025. This is the device specific portion of the XIP you need. You'll want to recmod the modules in all of the BROWSING folders inside the new SYS folder. Also do all adobe ones. Those are the ones I've read to make sure to recmod. I also recmod all WindowsLive folders and NetCF. You can use the attached .bat made by da_g to recmod easier (or use visual kitchen if you like clicking your mouse a lot :P). Just put the .bat in the folder you want to recmod (inside your kitchen ie \Visual Kitchen\SYS\230258\SHARED\COMMON\BROWSING) and double click it.

You can read more at everythingdiamond.info and da_g's sticky thread at xda development and hacking.
WOW thanks for that, BUT i dont believe i use visual kitchen. I use BuildOS from SSK and Calkulins. SSK already has a fairly recent wm6.5 sys, just not the latest. Are these steps still necessary and required if i already use his older files or some of them?

How would you be able to port over the SYS/XIP in buildOS
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

fyi, check out 23025, its pretty different with some awesome finger friendly changes and fixed the bugs on 23022

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond