PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   WARNING, There Has Been A Change Made To Your Server (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78954)

Biker1 08-11-2009 07:16 PM

WARNING, There Has Been A Change Made To Your Server

I just connected my Diamond to my pc and the above warning appeared.
The message on my Diamond reads, "There has been a change made on your server that requires you to resynchronize all items on your device. All changes made since your last successful sync will be lost. Do you wish to continue?"
It asks if I want to continue. YES or NO
Can someone let me know what this all means as I never received this Warning Message before.
It appears that Sprint made changes to their server. If this is true, what might this be.
I posted this thread here because the issue relates to ActiveSync on my Diamond. If this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move it :)
I did not ActiveSync yet as I would like to know what this message means and if anyone else has gotten this message.

I reconfigured WMWiRouter earlier today but I don't know if that woiuld cause the above message to appear. It never has in the past.

darren.wlsn1 08-11-2009 07:20 PM

Re: WARNING, There Has Been A Change Made To Your Server

sounds like you can just sync again, probably wifirouter config did it.

Biker1 08-11-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1095182)
sounds like you can just sync again, probably wifirouter config did it.

I didn't know that WMWiFiRouter would cause that message to appear.
Never happened before regarding server change message.

MrObvious 08-11-2009 07:38 PM

Well back up your stuff to Microsoft My Phone just to be sure.

Biker1 08-11-2009 08:40 PM

I had a back up on Spb Backup.
I started ActiveSync and it was kind of weird as I saw the contacts by number counting up. Never saw that during an ActiveSync.
It completed and that was it.
I still don't know what that message was about?

bradart 08-12-2009 12:07 PM

I used to get this occassionally when syncing with google mobile exchange. For some reason (possibly a server-side update) it will invalidate your certificate on their server and you would be forced to get it back. The problem with that is it has to delete every item you got from the previous server sync to redownload them. It is a weird issue, and i've lost more than a few contactsto it, but it appears to be a semi-normal thing. usually just deleting and re-adding the exchange server fixes the problem. Its a PITA, but it seems like seldomly persistent necessary evil.

MrObvious 08-12-2009 12:46 PM

This is why My Phone is way better of a service to use because it doesn't lose stuff until you tell it to, and it is in the cloud so you don't have to worry about compromises unless your password is weak.

bradart 08-12-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1096749)
This is why My Phone is way better of a service to use because it doesn't lose stuff until you tell it to, and it is in the cloud so you don't have to worry about compromises unless your password is weak.

word.

TREmp77 08-12-2009 03:21 PM

I unchecked syncing email in the active sync settings and I've never had the problem again.

Biker1 08-12-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 1097076)
I unchecked syncing email in the active sync settings and I've never had the problem again.

I hear ya but it seems that the WARNING message happens so infrequently, that it is hard to be sure that unticking the box is the reason the message never popped up again so far.