PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pandora help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78911)

Incubated 08-11-2009 02:48 PM

Pandora help

i installed pandora the other day but wasn't able to set up an account. the website only allows us visitors, and from my mobile it says u need a 5 digit zip code, and there is nowhere to put it in. maybe it knows by my email that i am in canada. should i make a new email or can this be patched?

elmariachi 08-11-2009 04:24 PM

Re: Pandora help

Hum.. fairly sure they check the IP and they know your not in the US. Their preaty tight due to the royalties they pay.
On another note, as much as I love Pandora, it absolutely blows on WM. The sound quality is very bad in my opinion. Although I do listen to it all day at work on my PC!

Incubated 08-14-2009 04:34 AM

bastards. ah well. i guess shoutcast will have to do. the good thing about having an app is that cuts down the website load times, and clicks.

Negrito 08-14-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmariachi (Post 1094851)
Hum.. fairly sure they check the IP and they know your not in the US. Their preaty tight due to the royalties they pay.
On another note, as much as I love Pandora, it absolutely blows on WM. The sound quality is very bad in my opinion. Although I do listen to it all day at work on my PC!

Our office does too. My boss even broke down just yesterday and paid for the year subscription. No more commercials, or random stops in the music. :headbang:

MrObvious 08-14-2009 08:16 PM

I may just get Pandora as a subscription. I love the service.

bradart 08-15-2009 09:37 AM

I think Pandora is one of the greatest things to ever be birthed by the internet, and its a shame that the dropped the ball so hard on windows mobile. Apparently the last.fm app for WM is supposed to be pretty kickarse, so that might be worth a look too. Not sure off hand whether or not they allow non-US listening though. If i wasn't at work i could research it.

MrObvious 08-16-2009 10:03 AM

Link to the app?

bmxmike 08-18-2009 05:07 AM

Personally I think the sound quality is Very Good(with headphones). As for the app it was in the app forum not sure if it's still there. You need to download 2 apps....

First: Pandora install cab and install it
Second: Download the Pandora VGA fix and then move the .exe to the installed location.

To get the keyboard to work you need to set one of the hard buttons to keyboard to force the keyboard to open

CaliBoyPhillip 08-18-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1104590)
Link to the app?

Yeah... where is the link to the cab or so.. there site only shows Iphone and Android :\

bradart 08-18-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philluvzashley (Post 1108311)
Yeah... where is the link to the cab or so.. there site only shows Iphone and Android :\

Sorry, the bulk of my ppcgeeking is done at work and my capabilities are limited. No time to do it right now, but a search for last.fm in the software forum should reveal the truth...