PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

master4g is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Automatic data disconnect or delayed incoming answer

I use the diamond tweak on my diamond to set the "Disconnect data" after 2 minutes settings so I can save on battery

I was having a problem that whenever Im on data, like running WMwifirouter and someone calls me, no matter how many times i press accept on the touch screen or the button, it lags to a point where the person calling already hangs up. So i searched and i found a reg change to make to make that disappear by changing one of the registry settings to #777

but when i did this, I guess it disabled that "automatic data disconnect that "diamond tweak" set.

Is there is a way I can automatically disconnect data after few minutes and also have this #777 regkey so the delay lag goes away?

(also, do you guys think the automatic disconnect makes a difference on the battery life?)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Palm Treo Pro, Blackberry Curve, HTC Mogul, 6700, MOTO Q9C (JUNK)
Carrier: SUPER GEEK IN TRAINING !!!!
Location: I LIVE IN A VAN! DOWN BY THE RIVER! IN BRISTOL, CT...SOMEWHERE NEAR ESPN..

mullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmullaneyiv is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Automatic data disconnect or delayed incoming answer

there could be a couple different issues. did u try using the wm dialer? tf3d dialer uses about 10mg or sumthing dumb like that.. u can change it to wm dialer via reg tweak, or use diamond tweak. if u use diamond tweak there is a option in there to set your call answer delay, you can change it to "with or with out delay", try that. If you used D tweak to change your data disconnect time, this causes your phone to wigg on call answer, known issue.. you need to either use a reg edit program and go here HKLM/comm/connmgr/planner, make sure suspendresumeis still set to the ##777# that u changed it to., you can read more about it here..http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504432 i posted a cab which saves on battery life, so u dont have to set a data disconnect time. they talk about it in the thread i linked.
Attached Files
File Type: cab EV Idol to 60.cab (1.7 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

JOIN THE COZBOOGIE MALITIA...CHICKS DIG IT!!!
forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9439

HELP A WHITEBOY BUILD HIS REP, HIT THANKS IF I'VE HELPED YOU OUT... THANKS!!!

Last edited by mullaneyiv; 07-06-2009 at 02:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

I can't remember the thread name, but search for "unable to answer call in data" and it will bring you to the right post(s)....its under the connection settings for your data connection in the registry...if it contains anything with gprs in there, it will cause this....do the search bro, its there cause I had to do the same thing

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can someone go into their registry >
HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings
and tell me what the default settings are for >

VPNCacheTime

I inadvertently changed the value. I think it was 60 but I want to make sure.

I changed my CacheTime from 600 to 60, but changed it back to default of 600.
I read in a couple of places that changing it to 60 can actually use more battery power if you use data often, have your email pushed, etc. because more power is necessary to start up the data session from a disabled state.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-12-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: content

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond