PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

qctrip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Telus Touch Diamond stuck at 1X

Up until four days ago my Touch Diamond was always running at EV speed. Since the last four days I am stuck at 1X. I live around the Montreal area and I was always at EV. I spoke to Telus and they made me reprogram my phone but nothing changed. The rep said that since i still have a data connection with 1X, it is fine.

I noticed the change in speed after i installed WMLongLife. But since then I flashed to the stock telus rom. I reformatted my storage card, tried the EnergyROM (which is my fave) and still am stuck at 1X.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before because I hate the slow speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Telus Touch Diamond stuck at 1X

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Can you get to ##778#? If so go to (I think) Modem Settings and check to make sure HDR Preferred is set to enabled or Hybrid (I think).
Old 08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qctrip is a n00b

I get to a page that gives me the options View, Edit or Cancel...when i go into Edit, it asks me for an unlock code. I do not know the code. When I view the config of the modem settings, I see that HDR Hybrid Preferred is set to Disable. Would you happen to know the code?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qctrip is a n00b

How would i go about getting the code?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS Allstream

Aeosis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by qctrip View Post
How would i go about getting the code?
Official Telus Diamond Thread. Go to "Find Your SPC" and follow the instructions.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

airborneaussie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by qctrip View Post
Up until four days ago my Touch Diamond was always running at EV speed. Since the last four days I am stuck at 1X. I live around the Montreal area and I was always at EV. I spoke to Telus and they made me reprogram my phone but nothing changed. The rep said that since i still have a data connection with 1X, it is fine.

I noticed the change in speed after i installed WMLongLife. But since then I flashed to the stock telus rom. I reformatted my storage card, tried the EnergyROM (which is my fave) and still am stuck at 1X.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before because I hate the slow speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I had a similar problem after using the frugal alRom for a few days. I since flashed back to stock and with the help of the people here (and Telus) managed to get it back up and running again. Just be sure to take note of the values you have for "HDR AN AUTH Password", "PPP Password" and "AAA Shared Secret" before messing around with your EPST settings. Actually, I'd take note of all the values in EPST (screen capture or whatever) as these values could prove invaluable in order to get things back up and running. I will say that I didn't get everything back to normal until I reflashed the stock ROM and set everything in the EPST settings back to the way they were originally....
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qctrip is a n00b

I was able to get my unlock code and changed the HDR Hybrid option to Enabled. I did a soft reset and still stuck at 1x. I will try what you suggest.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

qctrip is a n00b

I fixed my problem. I updated my PRL using the telus number and everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's what I was gonna suggest next. But I'm glad I was able to help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
1x, diamond, slow, speed, telus