PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Telus Touch Diamond stuck at 1X (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78866)

qctrip 08-11-2009 10:10 AM

Telus Touch Diamond stuck at 1X

Up until four days ago my Touch Diamond was always running at EV speed. Since the last four days I am stuck at 1X. I live around the Montreal area and I was always at EV. I spoke to Telus and they made me reprogram my phone but nothing changed. The rep said that since i still have a data connection with 1X, it is fine.

I noticed the change in speed after i installed WMLongLife. But since then I flashed to the stock telus rom. I reformatted my storage card, tried the EnergyROM (which is my fave) and still am stuck at 1X.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before because I hate the slow speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rstoyguy 08-11-2009 11:05 AM

Re: Telus Touch Diamond stuck at 1X

Moved to the HTC Diamond forum.

MrObvious 08-11-2009 02:13 PM

Can you get to ##778#? If so go to (I think) Modem Settings and check to make sure HDR Preferred is set to enabled or Hybrid (I think).

qctrip 08-11-2009 02:54 PM

I get to a page that gives me the options View, Edit or Cancel...when i go into Edit, it asks me for an unlock code. I do not know the code. When I view the config of the modem settings, I see that HDR Hybrid Preferred is set to Disable. Would you happen to know the code?

qctrip 08-11-2009 10:14 PM

How would i go about getting the code?

Aeosis 08-11-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qctrip (Post 1095531)
How would i go about getting the code?

Official Telus Diamond Thread. Go to "Find Your SPC" and follow the instructions.

airborneaussie 08-12-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qctrip (Post 1093961)
Up until four days ago my Touch Diamond was always running at EV speed. Since the last four days I am stuck at 1X. I live around the Montreal area and I was always at EV. I spoke to Telus and they made me reprogram my phone but nothing changed. The rep said that since i still have a data connection with 1X, it is fine.

I noticed the change in speed after i installed WMLongLife. But since then I flashed to the stock telus rom. I reformatted my storage card, tried the EnergyROM (which is my fave) and still am stuck at 1X.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before because I hate the slow speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had a similar problem after using the frugal alRom for a few days. I since flashed back to stock and with the help of the people here (and Telus) managed to get it back up and running again. Just be sure to take note of the values you have for "HDR AN AUTH Password", "PPP Password" and "AAA Shared Secret" before messing around with your EPST settings. Actually, I'd take note of all the values in EPST (screen capture or whatever) as these values could prove invaluable in order to get things back up and running. I will say that I didn't get everything back to normal until I reflashed the stock ROM and set everything in the EPST settings back to the way they were originally....

qctrip 08-12-2009 06:16 AM

I was able to get my unlock code and changed the HDR Hybrid option to Enabled. I did a soft reset and still stuck at 1x. I will try what you suggest.

Thanks

qctrip 08-12-2009 07:52 AM

I fixed my problem. I updated my PRL using the telus number and everything is back to normal now.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

MrObvious 08-12-2009 12:50 PM

That's what I was gonna suggest next. :D But I'm glad I was able to help.