PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vhans81 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Major problem with Internal Storage on HTC Diamond

I was reading over at our neighbor forum xda-developers that people are having issues with the internal storage card not being recognized. I am having the same problem only after one day of usage. I've tried all the tips they recommended but it still shows NOT INSTALLED under memory in settings. I'm worried I have a defaulty unit already, but i'm gonna be open to others suggestions before I claim defective.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Major proglem with Internal Storage on HTC Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhans81 View Post
I was reading over at our neighbor forum xda-developers that people are having issues with the internal storage card not being recognized. I am having the same problem only after one day of usage. I've tried all the tips they recommended but it still shows NOT INSTALLED under memory in settings. I'm worried I have a defaulty unit already, but i'm gonna be open to others suggestions before I claim defective.

Any suggestions?
I saw this when they released pictures of the various parts of the GUI/OS and noticed that person still had access to the internal memory, even tho that section stated it was not install.. Perhaps it's not considered "external memory".. have to used it thru your file explorer?

-CC
Old 09-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Major problem with Internal Storage on HTC Diamond

You have the Sprint Diamond?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Major proglem with Internal Storage on HTC Diamond

Yes, when i first had powered up the device and checked it all out it was fine. Now, when I attached the USB cable to my laptop it asks whether you want to use activesync or file manager. I tried both, but once unplugged it doesnt show it as available. Internal Storage shows up in Explorer however when I move files over it uses up program memory instead of the 4gb storage.

Last edited by vhans81; 09-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yes sir-e. I received mine yesterday afternoon. Loving it so far other than this nightmare problem that not even a HARD reset could fix
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

when u plug it in to the PC if u chose to use the Fine manager option it the internal storage disappears off the device untill you unplug it form the pc. the pc take full access to internal storage in this mode.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks Juggalo, but when the device is unplugged it still reads NOT INSTALLED. I understand that the PC takes over once plugged in, but this is in the UNPLUGGED state. I'm on the phone with HTC Tech support and the guy didn't even know the diamond was released on sprint yet. LOL!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

HTC tech support is sub standard for sure man, i have called numerous times for issues with my old S640. and HTC doesn't even have the CDMA diamond support page on there site yet. that are wayyyyyyy behind the ball here...
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah, well I just got off the phone with the rep and he tried to explain to me that the diamond doesn't have a storage card. LOL! I explained to him the situation is with the 4gb internal storage not recognized and he said I was wrong. Thats funny, coming from someone who should know the device even comparitive to the GSM version. Sad. Well i'm gonna try to read some more. 30 day exchange if need be, in fact over at XDA a user on the orange network swapped his like 3 times before it worked properly. He stated the problem was after he loaded music directly on the internal storage that it became a problem just like me. I can smell a rom update in the future.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhans81 View Post
Yeah, well I just got off the phone with the rep and he tried to explain to me that the diamond doesn't have a storage card. LOL! I explained to him the situation is with the 4gb internal storage not recognized and he said I was wrong. Thats funny, coming from someone who should know the device even comparitive to the GSM version. Sad. Well i'm gonna try to read some more. 30 day exchange if need be, in fact over at XDA a user on the orange network swapped his like 3 times before it worked properly. He stated the problem was after he loaded music directly on the internal storage that it became a problem just like me. I can smell a rom update in the future.
ill try this. if i lose my storage im going to flip my wig.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond