PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc Touch Diamond And Pro Taken Off The Shelves

I was just in my local sprint store paying my bill and i noticed that the diamond and pro were not on display. So i talked to the manager,he reported that they were out of production since the beginning of June and are no longer offered in store and only online until the small supply are depleted.(acting dumb) I asked why and he answered "For the new ones". he told me that the diamond 2 was supposed to be released next week but was called back to HTC for hardware and software changes.(OOOOOO!!!!! I like the way that sounds) and the PRO 2 would not be too much longer "no time/frame but he did not sound as if it was a week or two.So im waiting for more info.

Please post what you think and if they are gone out of the store near you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
Re: Htc Touch Diamond And Pro Taken Off The Shelves

Well, I just swapped my diamond for a touch pro. I am stuck with them for awhile. I am glad to hear that they are trying to push for the new phones though. I am sad to hear that the touch pro 2 will have almost identical hardware (minus the screen) as the touch pro.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well they kept the same CPU and amount of RAM so the device is gonna be the same on the inside. The differences are the bigger and more resolute screens, a 3.5mm jack on the Pro2 (I think), and a bigger stock sized battery. Oh and they threw in TouchFLO2 (whoopie, not!).
Old 07-27-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I knew the EOL was July 25.
I like my Diamond.
If something were to happen to it regarding a defect,etc. I assume they will probably have plenty of refurbished Diamonds available as replacements.
I am not sure if I would purchase the Diamond2 when it is available.
I would have to see it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

Yeah it does suck that not much was changed in the pro 2, but i think the reason might be because that phone is geared more toward business users
and i also was told that it will be a duel mode phone GSM/CDMA
Old 07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
Yeah it does suck that not much was changed in the pro 2, but i think the reason might be because that phone is geared more toward business users
and i also was told that it will be a duel mode phone GSM/CDMA
tp2 geared twards business users, no kidding. yes the tp2 does have 3.5 jack and i herd its on the bottom? not sure why but atleast its there.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Sounds like good new for my brothers and sisters to the south. It's too bad, it seems like Telus will only be getting the Pro2.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

I can confirm for some stores in Philly that the 2 are gone from the shelves and the Snap is the only HTC present, I gotta check 17th/Market street though as that is the primary Sprint store downtown.

Anyone else from Philly thats downtown could check for me lol?

P.S. why don't these phones never get a $59-99 deal at EOL?

Last edited by Genjinaro; 07-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i know the reg touch/vogue did in January on sprint and last week the xv6900(touch/vogue) verizon was $49 and now $9.99
Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

They are off the shelves here to in Central Cali, been like that for about a month. The Palm Pre took their shelf.

They didnt have any the store and didnt have any info on exactly when the new ones are coming. All they said was Diamond2 was first then Pro2 would be about a month after that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond