PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Who's staying with their Diamond? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78506)

ai4281 08-08-2009 03:52 PM

Who's staying with their Diamond?

So, Diamond2 and Pro2 are out... and there are whole bunch of new devices such as the iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, and other new devices that are available now.

But who is staying with their Diamond for another year?

I've looked at most of the new devices (including the Pro2), and I've decided to stay another year with my Diamond. It still feels very snappy, and it has more functionality than most of the devices out today thanks to new ROMs that are getting pushed out constantly.

What do you guys think?

ArtQ 08-08-2009 04:08 PM

Re: Who's staying with their Diamond?

I will stay with my Diamond for some time now, but I regret I didn't wait so I could save money for the Touch Pro.

hasseye 08-08-2009 04:31 PM

im staying with my diamond as well until a new phone really blows me away. I figure as of right now the VGA devices are still constantly pushing out new roms and programs, not really worth it to change over because these are sitll getting support. I know some of the new phones out are still going to be running wm6.1, definatly not worth upgrading for another 6.1. When WM7 comes out that's when ill upgrade because most likely it will be extremely hard with a lack of functionality when trying port 7 over to our devices. Pointless to try and upgrade a phone just to get wm6.5, we already have that.

gullzway 08-08-2009 04:38 PM

I'm staying. Loving my Diamond. By the time it breaks down, they'll probably be replacing it with a newer model. I do love that Sprint T.E.P.

u217946 08-08-2009 05:07 PM

I will stay with my Diamond once I get the HTC TP2. I want to start doing kitchen work, so I will need a phone to start testing on.

wmphoto 08-08-2009 05:17 PM

Yeah, I think I'm staying untill I see something like the Touch HD here in the US... AKA Whitestone or something very close to it...

sanvara 08-08-2009 05:20 PM

I'm staying with whatever Sprint has that works with the SERO plan. Can't beat the free data and tethering plus 500 mins for $30. I'll never go to something like the Pre or iPhone as long as I can keep this plan.

copper rs 08-08-2009 05:31 PM

The only thing I wish my diamond had was a larger screen, but its not worth upgrading into a new contract just for a little larger screen. If I can get the Hero on Sero, I might go for it but otherwise I'm waiting on winmo 7 before upgrading.

Rabid_Gypsy 08-08-2009 06:51 PM

I'm going to hold on to my Diamond for now too, unless I get a smokin' deal on a gently used TP. I figure between snapdragon/tigra cpus and wm7, I have a lot to wait for in the next 15 months until my contract is up. I'm also waiting for Telus to fully launch their HSDPA network next spring and LTE beyond that.

BROOKNAM 08-08-2009 07:02 PM

when the pro2 hits sprint im blowing it on this diamond. never really cared for the design and screen size. really missed my touch( had promised to my girl when i got the diamond) the support for it has been exceptional and kept it tolerable.