PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resco Contacts Manager

Has anyone else check out this program? I'm playing on a 7 day trial and liking it, but it's not perfect. It has a nice facebook integration, allowing you to synchronize photos and birthdays, etc. from facebook, and replaces the dialer, but after I make calls, it seems to get stuck in a "loop" and the screen flickers a while unless/until I manually close the app and go back into it to make another call. Was wondering if that's possibly related to "energy rom" or 6.5, or just my bad luck? I did not see anyone else talking about it here yet and am just curious what others think.
Pete
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started
Re: Resco Contacts Manager

anyone else have any idea on this? I havent tried it out yet, but was hoping to try it out on a 6.1 possibly even a 6.5 in the near future...any reccomendations/concerns with this??

Also, does this mean we do not need to install another dialer? New York Law, could the already installed dialer on your custom rom possibly be effecting it?
Old 08-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
anyone else have any idea on this? I havent tried it out yet, but was hoping to try it out on a 6.1 possibly even a 6.5 in the near future...any reccomendations/concerns with this??

Also, does this mean we do not need to install another dialer? New York Law, could the already installed dialer on your custom rom possibly be effecting it?
I'm pretty clueless about this. I am running Energy Rom's most recent rom (2 days old) and added NOTHING else but this app and c-asipro (sirius radio). I don't even know which dialer is installed in the rom.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I started a thread a short while ago.
The issue was that I deleted the program because I did not like the program.
I received a pop up window that requested to do a Soft Reset in order to delete the program. I pressed ok.
My Diamond turned off and then rebooted, BUT my Diamond did a Hard Reset!
Took me 7 hours to resolve this issue.
I had Data but my contacts were deleted and I could not make any phone calls. I thought I was screwed.
I posted this problem here and over on xda where Resco started a thread regarding the new version of Contacts. That is why I decided to try the program.
I never received a response from Resco.
I ended up doing a restore using Spb Backup. Saved my as*
Btw, I had purchased Resco File Explorer prior to downloading their Contact Software. I am very happy with Resco File Explorer but wasn't happy with their Contacts Software.
I still don't know why this occurred.
Someone said that it could have been a corrupted cab, etc.
Anyway, I wanted to mention the above for others to be aware of the issue.
I don't know if my issue was a fluke or if it was an issue with Resco But I suggest BACKING UP your Device just in case you want to delete the program and your Device does a Surprise Hard Reset.
My post is over at xda in the Resco Contact thread in case you want to have a look at the specifics.
There is also a thread here.The problem happened approximately 3? weeks ago.
Later on I will find them and post a link.

Here is the xda thread >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=539557

Post #10 explains the issue I had in more detail.

PPCGeeks thread I started >

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1058962
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-08-2009 at 04:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

thanks for that man. Just a lil curious why you didnt like it? Only reason why i wanted to get it was because i had SPB MS3.0 and i liked how you could add larger pictures and just scroll through that, AND i also like how it had facebook integration to grab their piccs....but from what i heard the TF3D 2.1 and 2.5 already have this anyways, and theirs a couple different free programs out their that have decent contact apps.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
thanks for that man. Just a lil curious why you didnt like it? Only reason why i wanted to get it was because i had SPB MS3.0 and i liked how you could add larger pictures and just scroll through that, AND i also like how it had facebook integration to grab their piccs....but from what i heard the TF3D 2.1 and 2.5 already have this anyways, and theirs a couple different free programs out their that have decent contact apps.
Glad to try to help out.
It was purely cosmetic. I didn't like the skin.
I only used it for a few minutes before I attempted to delete it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond