PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Keyboard? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78360)

nodiaque 08-07-2009 01:42 PM

Keyboard?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently on juicy rom 8 and the only keyboard available is touch input. I don't really like that keyboard and I'd like to have those from mightyrom (or other that you are aware of). Could someone guide me on this?

Thanks

horndoctor 08-07-2009 01:47 PM

Re: Keyboard?

Try FingerKeyboard2 it's great and it's free! :)

stravy 08-07-2009 01:56 PM

agree with horndoctor...fingerkeyboard is the way to go

nodiaque 08-07-2009 02:00 PM

ok, I'm installing it right now on my mightyrom for test. I've seen it doesn't support xt9, which is a feature I don't like. I wonder if on my juicy rom, it will "disable" that xt9 that I'm stuck with the touch input one.

Thanks

black ice 08-07-2009 04:49 PM

Try touchpal...works like a charm...

Riley 08-07-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodiaque (Post 1087375)
ok, I'm installing it right now on my mightyrom for test. I've seen it doesn't support xt9, which is a feature I don't like. I wonder if on my juicy rom, it will "disable" that xt9 that I'm stuck with the touch input one.

Thanks

Ok, I will tell that there is no guarantee this will work. mostly trial and error depending on what rom you are using. I have successfully switched back to the standard htc ezinput that you are looking for(one from Mighty's rom) while using Mystery's rom which also has a the newer keyboard set like Juicy's rom. The keyboard that worked for me is in calcu thread here:
Cab for Diamond\Touch Pro EzInput (v1.5.32437.0)
Close SIPGT_app.exe with task manager before installing
You may not be able to close the sipgt_app.exe process with the new touch input keyboard but you can try by installing fdcsoft taskmanager and reviewing the open processes to see if it's in there. If it's not which I don't think it is. Just try installing this keyboard which will prompt you to soft reset. Like I said, this may not work but it has for me in the past. if it doesn't you will probably have a hard time getting touch input (Juicy's keyboard) without a soft reset. good luck.

MrObvious 08-07-2009 07:11 PM

Touchpal is the best. I tried FK2 but I just can't go as fast as in TouchPal.

Riley 08-07-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1087886)
Touchpal is the best. I tried FK2 but I just can't go as fast as in TouchPal.

hey Mr Obvious,

are you using 3.5 or the latest touchpal release?

nodiaque 08-07-2009 08:04 PM

just saw about touchpal, problem is that it isn't free (which I found stupid for a soft keyboard o_O)

MrObvious 08-07-2009 10:00 PM

TouchPal 4 is what I'm using here. Yeah I know it isn't free but what can you do you know? Just hard reset every 15 days. lol