PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Dialer S2A Disable

Hey guys cooked myself a wm6.5 with the tachi phone canvas and S2U2....i think you guys know where tihs is going

okayy well i love using the full screen callerID from S2U2 and it only makes sense to use the S2A from S2U2 right??? Only probb is that the CallerID and S2A pops up nicely, but so doesnt the HTC S2A....i like the dialar im using, just its impossible to answer the phone if they both pop up....

Any Suggesstions??? possibly a way to disable the S2A from HTC?????
Old 08-09-2009, 01:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Dialer S2A Disable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
Hey guys cooked myself a wm6.5 with the tachi phone canvas and S2U2....i think you guys know where tihs is going

okayy well i love using the full screen callerID from S2U2 and it only makes sense to use the S2A from S2U2 right??? Only probb is that the CallerID and S2A pops up nicely, but so doesnt the HTC S2A....i like the dialar im using, just its impossible to answer the phone if they both pop up....

Must be a registry that can de disabled.
I had the same issue with the stock ROM but I just disabled S2A on S2U2.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Threadstarter

hasseye is just getting started

ya i just feel that S2A is cool, but man S2U2 with the full callerID and the slide to answer that they have is even cooler....i mean come on full picture caller id????? damnnn
Old 08-09-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A_C may have the answer, whether or not the native S2A can be disabled, and if so, how.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just did a quick search and it appears that my findings are inconclusive. Sorry.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

I will check it out and get back with any info I get.
Please feel free to lounge around until I do
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Using this one with Touch Diamond to disable S2A...works fine

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1232248678

Jim
Old 08-10-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Using this one with Touch Diamond to disable S2A...works fine

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1232248678

Jim
Do you have a link to the thread that cab is from?
Thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

Just spoke with A_C and here is your answer:

To disable the native HTC S2A, set the Registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled to 0, then Soft Reset.

**The above change will also disable the HTC Dialer**
Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

the prob with that is that you lose the tachi dialer - which the OP really seems to like.
so - turn the winmo lockscreen back to default and voila - no more HTC s2A
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond