PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please explain "Picture Mail" to an idiot

I must be an idiot, but I have been trying to figure this out and am just going to ask.
I have picture mail included in my (sprint) plan. But, I don't care. I notice people are always talking here about it and complaining if a particular rom doesn't support it, etc. So, who cares? What's the point? I take photos and I email them via an email account. Why does anyone need to (or want to) send a picture that has to go through a website and comes in via a link? And, then you still have to move those photos eventually, since the space is limited. Am I missing something? I've experimented with picture mail and just found it an extra annoying step to accomplish the same thing I can do without it. Someone who likes it, please explain it to me!!!
Thanks,
Pete
Old 08-07-2009, 11:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Please explain "Picture Mail" to an idiot

No you don't do a link or whatever with a picture mail. It should be direct to your phone.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
No you don't do a link or whatever with a picture mail. It should be direct to your phone.
When I send a picture through picture mail, doesn't it go to the recipient as a message with a clickable link? That's how a friend described it to me when she received a photo I sent that way.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is just like sending a text, it comes through the same way. You may have to click on the picture icon, but never a link, all the icon does is bring up the picture. It looks that way so you can read the message before viewing the picture. They are not saved on your device side so moving them around isnt needed either.
Most complaints I see are Sprint Pic Mail, it flat out stinks. It can take forever to send and receive, sometimes never even doing either. Arcsoft MMS is better.
I'd rather send an MMS than an email with a picture in it. To each their own.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:57 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sprint does a link if there is a data block on the account.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Sprint does a link if there is a data block on the account.
Thanks... then that means I unknowingly tested this with the wrong person and I should, perhaps, give it another whirl with someone else..
Old 08-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Yeah it is just like a text message.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

aanast2 is just getting started

Picture mail does send a link if you send it to someone's email account. If you send it to their cell then it is just like a text message only it takes a while to send sometimes.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I've tried to send a photo to my wife and then to myself via picture mail, and neither of us received anything. hmmm...

The strange thing is that yesterday I could not have cared less, but now that it's not working, it's bothering me... Oh well.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Emailing essentially accomplishes the same thing. The convenience of picture mail is that it allows you to send pictures to another phone without a email address. It is instant, and easy.

Email is easy, but the receiver has to retrieve it themselves.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond