PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ZUMA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What custom ROM do you use on your Sprint Diamond?

I got the stock sprint ROM on my phone and Im sick of it. I really dont know too much about the different custom ROMs out there, just started looking in to them. My question is what ROM do you use and think is the best one out there?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: What custom ROM do you use on your Sprint Diamond?

MightyMike really puts out some well running ROMs. I would suggest version four or six depending on if you want Windows Mobile 6.1 vs. 6.5.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I would suggest trying out a number of roms. They are all very good. Especially as a community it helps to try out many of the newer chefs roms as well to assist them with development and to support the continuation of the forum. Many of the roms are iterations of established chef's roms so you may like the creative touches implemented in these releases. Also, dependent on your carrier, you should check to make sure a release is generic or is specically designed for your carrier. Or check to see if it requires you installing carrier specific cabs to get up and running properly. It's really trial and error finding the roms you are most comfortable with but ask questions and people will help you (just try to read up a little on each rom thread to see what others are reporting so you are more informed). Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I would suggest trying out a number of roms. They are all very good. Especially as a community it helps to try out many of the newer chefs roms as well to assist them with development and to support the continuation of the forum. Many of the roms are iterations of established chef's roms so you may like the creative touches implemented in these releases. Also, dependent on your carrier, you should check to make sure a release is generic or is specically designed for your carrier. Or check to see if it requires you installing carrier specific cabs to get up and running properly. It's really trial and error finding the roms you are most comfortable with but ask questions and people will help you (just try to read up a little on each rom thread to see what others are reporting so you are more informed). Best of luck.

pretty much what rileyd5 said..There are so many roms to chose from..but if your looking to start out with a rom to try i would suggest mightyrom as a base to start out at. play with customize etc.then branch out from there.. Im really digging bonzirom atm..runs fast stable and plenty of space.. thats what i like in a rom..but also playing with the ssk kitchen too..
Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I stick with Mighty Roms myself
Old 07-31-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

dreamer3kx is just getting started

i tried a bunch and all are good but i end up running back to mighty4, also i would like to thank all the chefs for all the work they put in to make these phones run more stable.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I am a huge fan of EnergyRom. Constantly updated, all the best new stuff, quick, everything works (so far) and its really pretty.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

corneliuscrisco is just getting started

Im using Grooverom5 with Windows Mobile 6.5 and it works amazingly.
Windows mobile 6.5 is a definite upgrade from 6.1; its much more finger friendly.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliuscrisco View Post
Im using Grooverom5 with Windows Mobile 6.5 and it works amazingly.
Windows mobile 6.5 is a definite upgrade from 6.1; its much more finger friendly.
for sure. I didn't think i'd like it nearly as much as i do.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond

pwhitersxs is a n00b

I am currently running mighty groove rom and it's good.

Other roms I have used and liked:

Calkulin's rom 21051. Works perfect.

ATR rom is good, but has a ring delay and I got ok battery life.

Intxrom is good as well. Nothing bad about it.

I tried Mightyrom 4 and for some reason I had data connection issues, but I am running the mighty groove rom now and I like it's simplicity and functionality.

Try them out, that's what I did.

Also, there is about a million of these what rom is the best threads. Please use the search function to the best of your ability.

Last edited by pwhitersxs; 07-31-2009 at 08:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond