PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

firechiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Every Custom Rom Messes Up

A few days ago I unlocked my phone, A Diamond on Telus, and I flashed a new rom. It was the energy rom I believe. It immediately went incredibly slow and eventually froze completely. So i restarted my phone and I had to go through the windows mobile setup all over again. Something like this happens everytime I try running a custom rom. Eventually the phone always ends up not being able to get past the Touch Diamond screen. So then I either flash the stock rom(which works fine still), or hard reset it and wait until it messes up.

Any help at all?
The developers come up with some ingenius things and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out, especially since a lot of the stuff is really useful and makes the phone much more convenient to use.

Thanks a lot to anyone who helps..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Every Custom Rom Messes Up

got me dude..Is you 4gb storage filled up w. stuff? Maybe something is conflicting. You do all the normal stuff? Flash shipped, flash new rom, clear storage?

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

firechiller is a n00b

I completely formatted everything on my phone, including the storage. Lost everything, I thought it was the problem. It wasn't. Yeah I flash the stock rom, flash the custom rom, hard reset. All that stuff. My friend's is working fine but for some reason mine doesn't, he can't figure it out either.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hmmm..wish I could help bro. IDK, try an older ROM. Try Mighty 3.9! lol
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
hmmm..wish I could help bro. IDK, try an older ROM. Try Mighty 3.9! lol
Oh man Mighty 3.9 was so good...seems like forever ago.

After you flash shipped, flash custom, hard reset using the clear storage method...start/settings/system/clear storage/1234

If you already did that Im stumped too

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

firechiller is a n00b

Yeah I've tried it all. Later tonight Ill try flashing one again. If something messes up again ill let you know.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Are you flashing shipped? I think there was an issue with the Telus shipped ROM that may have been wonky and you need to research that though.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

firechiller is a n00b

Yeah I'm flashing the shipped one. I'm running it right now because it's the only one that works, haha. I'll try that mighty 3.9 one and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Couldn't find the 3.9 ROM, so I flashed the MightyRom 4. The one from the official MightyRom site.

Last edited by firechiller; 09-03-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

firechiller is a n00b

Wow... It seems to be working fine. I restarted my phone, it restarted quick and seemed to run smooth. No lag, no funky stuff happened. All my restored contacts werent gone after the reset or anything. I don't know if I should try a more complex one or not.

... Alright I just flashed an SSK Rom a while ago, the newest WM 6.5 one. It's great, and it's finally running good. Great actually. I restored my contacts and put music on it and everything. I don't know if it was running the old MightyRom or something that helped or what, but thanks to everyone. It finally works
... 20th times a charm I guess.

Last edited by firechiller; 09-03-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechiller View Post
Wow... It seems to be working fine. I restarted my phone, it restarted quick and seemed to run smooth. No lag, no funky stuff happened. All my restored contacts werent gone after the reset or anything. I don't know if I should try a more complex one or not.

... Alright I just flashed an SSK Rom a while ago, the newest WM 6.5 one. It's great, and it's finally running good. Great actually. I restored my contacts and put music on it and everything. I don't know if it was running the old MightyRom or something that helped or what, but thanks to everyone. It finally works
... 20th times a charm I guess.
Careful ... I sense a budding new flash-a-holic in the making. Enjoy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond