PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Power Loss

Ok, so i've read about bad battery life but mine was doing good, able to talk and text with a little data for about 7-10hrs and would need to be charged. Lately i'll do my same talk, text and data but once the battery hits about 60% it drops to less than 20% within an hour, i.e. was at 57% 30min ago now at 16%. That is with no texting, phone calls, and only enough data to sync windows live. Any ideas? I have already did the registry edit that Juicy posted changing the value to "4E20".....no change same drastic drop. Could this be a bad battery?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery Power Loss

Just an idea. You may want to discharge the battery fully, until the device turns off and then remove the battery, reinstall and then let the battery charge fully again, soft reset and see if that fixes the problem.
I read somewhere that when the device is new and used but the battery is not charged fully, the device does not properly read the power left, or something to that effect. But you have been using your device for awhile so that issue may not apply.
Something occurred in the way the device is reading the amount of power left, whether it is a new application which was recently added or maybe the device just needs a soft reset.
I don't have a definite solution but maybe someone else does.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 08-02-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What have you installed lately? It could be a program running residually that is using CPU.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

aanast2 is just getting started

I second Obvious' thought.

You could also bring it in to a Sprint repair store for them to test the battery and phone and perhaps get a new battery if yours is bad. Be prepared for them to do a hard reset. You could even do one and see if that helps to save your self a trip (which would clear your phone of any third party program you may have installed that may be constantly running and draining your battery.)

Additionally, you could try more battery saving tips like those listed in Kabuk1's battery life tips! which could help (even though they are for the Pro).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I bookmarked Kabuk1 a few days ago but lost all my bookmarks and could not remember the site.
Thanks for the link.
Her tips are very helpful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond