PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

zagleft1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't Remove Screen Protector!

Anybody got any tips for removing a screen protector to replace it? Mine's pretty beat up, bought a replacement and can't seem to get the other one off! I've even used a small knife blade in a couple of spots to try and get it started, but it just seems to chip away. Thought I was under it at one point, but I quickly noticed that I couldn't see the blade tip, so I think I might have been prying the entire screen off (I stopped that pretty quickly...)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Never had this problem before with light adhesive protectors, but this is the first "flat" screen I've ever worked on vs the recessed screens of the older pda's.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can't Remove Screen Protector!

Which protector are you using?
And you shouldn't use pointy objects
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 08-02-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

just take a good piece of packaging tape and stick it to one of the corners and lift... it will come right off no matter if it is stock or aftermarket.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is true regarding the tape, but if it is coming off in pieces or chips, damage may occur to the screen itself.
Something other than the stock adhesive may be causing the protector to adhere or the stock adhesive may be too adhesive.
Either way, use caution.
Alittle water used sparingly, doesn't hurt either, at least with Zagg.

Last edited by Biker1; 08-02-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:49 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

zagleft1 is a n00b

It is a Luxmo brand, sold by several on line cell phone accessory dealers. It fit and worked great..

Agree about the pointy thing comment, believe me, I didn't want to use it. I'll try the tape on the corner method but I can't imagine that working, since this seems to be so firmly stuck. At a loss right now as to what to do.

Appreciate any other ideas as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

I don't know this brand but I hope they didn't use a bs adhesive.
You may want to call the company if they have a customer service number and explain your situation to them.
That may be your safest bet.
Here is their contact information:

http://luxmo.com/

Last edited by Biker1; 08-03-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

zagleft1 is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestion, Biker. I left them a voicemail and tried to send an email as well, but no response yet. Will post any response.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Biker. I left them a voicemail and tried to send an email as well, but no response yet. Will post any response.
Sounds good. Hope everything works out.
Hate it when there is no live customer service, only voicemail.
If you get it removed, there are a few other brands you can try, if you choose to switch brands

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond