PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Lurker

nvirginiaboi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
alltel diamond to verizon

Does anybody know how I can get the alltel touch diamond flashed to work on my current verizon service? I know it can be done and have seen bits and pieces, but need a how to, in order to do it right.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: alltel diamond to verizon

well vzw ownes alltel so they should be able to work fully no issues unless you are apart of the divested markets then its a no go... they cclosed the *228 options several months ago that i used to bring my sprint diamond over to....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nvirginiaboi is a n00b

I called customer service and they said to take the phone in and have it flashed with the verizon rom. The techs at the store did not have the rom so they said I would have to send it in to get the flashing done. They tried to activate it today and customer service said they keep getting a error message.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to Diamond Main Forum
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmm. Try having them activate it under an Alltel system and see what happens. There really isn't a latest Verizon ROM for the Diamond that Alltel uses as they are two different devices.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

thasolution is a n00b

I have a question about the alltel diamond. Since Alltel and Verizon are the same can I have my alltel diamond pick up the verizon towers. I just moved to an area where alltel is roaming but verizon has service in the area. Is there a way to use the verizon towers to get rid of the alltel roaming which only allows 1X internet speed?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:31 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try the 40002 PRL. http://corolada.com/prl/

(##PRL# will let you update it. Just place it in \My Documents\.)
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

Toushi is a n00b

not possible. Tried this many times. I eventually did the unspeakable operation and I have a happily working phone now.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 AM
I see you have a PPC.

Yes it is possible. You just gotta get a Verizon PRL if the Alltel one won't work.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: verizon/alltel

kaze402 is a n00b

Toushi
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

not possible. Tried this many times. I eventually did the unspeakable operation and I have a happily working phone now.

what is the unspeakable operation?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond