PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond, omnia II
Carrier: bell

faroreefer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
radio flash help

first off, if this is in the wrong place sorry. I flashed the newest alltel radio to see if it would improve the signal in my area (Bell Mobility). After flash I could not get any signal at all, so I flashed back to the sprint 1.11 I have signal now , but very weak. I have flashed the sprint shipped rom and flashed back to the bearbonz 4.1 Rom that I was using previously and still the same problem...am I missing something or am I doomed???
Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Re: radio flash help

your rom has really nothing to do with the signal you should try the telus radio and see if that works.there are 11 radios to use just have to try them all and see which is best for your area.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond, omnia II
Carrier: bell
Threadstarter

faroreefer is becoming a great contributor

thanks, I have tried the Telus radio since I first posted. The problem I have now is that I can't even get back to the point I was at with the sprint radio, which was at least 1 bar in my house. now if I can even get connected to the network in my house...I'm lucky.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

kmacsouris is a n00b

I am using telus radio rom. It seems to be ok for me. Where are you located in canada?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroreefer View Post
thanks, I have tried the Telus radio since I first posted. The problem I have now is that I can't even get back to the point I was at with the sprint radio, which was at least 1 bar in my house. now if I can even get connected to the network in my house...I'm lucky.
imho, i think you should, flash to whatever the radio that you want to keep, and flash to rom that you want to keep. i do understand that rom does not have to do anything with radio, yet i have experienced some bar fluctuation depends on what kind rom that i use. it may well possibly just the signal indicator matter.

hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Diamond Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Also leaving it in 1x mode may help as well.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I was thinking to flash a different radio with my stock Sprint ROM but now I am thinking twice as I would not want to have a problem where I would have an issue getting back to where I started if none of the other radios worked.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It will be fine.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

what rom are you using right now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond