PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

corey52 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unresponsive Touch Screen

I am not sure what happened. It never fell..and was never crushed in any way. But the touch screen is completely unresponsive for some reason. I tried hard-reset and Flashing back to stock or shipped but I can't get past the "tap here to set up your device" screen because the touch screen doesn't work. Also I've used up my 3 phone replacements from Assurion so that's a no go as well. Anyone have any idea what I can do? Someone please help me out...I really need a solution to this.

Thanks to everyone that can help me out.

I Do not follow where the path may lead. Instead I go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Unresponsive Touch Screen

Sounds like a hardware failure.
Sorry. RIP
Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well you can still get a replacement under warranty.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sounds like it may be a screen laminant separation issue.
HTC and Sprint are aware of this manufacturing defect.
Eventually, as the separation progresses, screen failure occurs as you have described.
The symptoms of screen separation are an "oil on water" effect that starts out as a small rectangle in the center of the screen and continues to get larger with time.
There are threads referring to this phenomenon.
It is a Warranty issue.

Last edited by Biker1; 07-26-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dbenson32 is a n00b

This is something Sprint currently isn't handling but if you call HTC america they will transfer you to their company that takes care of their warranty dept. PCD is the name of the company and they're located in Happauge, NY. I just sent my device out last week via US mail. It's only going to cost me 5$ and thats for shipping. Good luck with your problem!

-Sean Taylor (1983-2007)
Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint is not handling this issue under warranty as they have previously?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Sprint is not handling this issue under warranty as they have previously?
They should. If they don't speak to Retentions.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

dbenson32 posted that Sprint was not handling this issue anymore.
They handled mine and others.
I don't know if Sprint changed its protocol.
It would seem unlikely that Sprint changed its procedure regarding this defect.

To dbenson32:
Do you know for certainty that Sprint changed its policy or are you assuming such?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

corey52 is just getting started

so you guys think i can just run up any sprint store and get a replacement? Anyone know? Any thanks SOOOO much for the responses you guys REALLY helped me out
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 AM
VIP Member

If it is under 1 year old which it is, and the problem is due to a manufacturing defect, which it seems it may be, then I believe Sprint will replace it under warranty.
At the very least, HTC will remedy the issue.
It all depends on what the cause of the problem is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond