PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hockeyman12c is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Owners - Whats your next phone?

If your like me you have had a Diamond (sprint for me) for about a year now. If your like me you are ready to move on to your next phone. I'm curious to know what fellow diamond owners are looking to upgrade to? List the features that the Diamond doesn't have that you want with your next phone and what phone you are looking at getting or waiting for.

Whats missing:
1) I miss my keyboard: I went from the xv6700 to the Mogul to the diamond thinking I'm good with the touch screen thing I think I can type on screen. The keys were to small for a full qwarty and with touchpal type keyboard I got frustrated with spelling words not in the dictionary.
2) Battery: I'm lucky to make it the whole day without charging my phone and I'm a light user. maybe 10-20 texts a day 10 emails and a few short phone calls. 6-12 hours is flat out poor!
3) D-pad: I know most of the new phones don't have a d-pad but the diamond has on that is a waste of space. The up down works okay at best. The left right half the time I end up pressing the call buttons or back buttons.
4) 3.5mm jack: My phone is now my primary portable music player I don't want to carry around an adapter!
5) Flash: I miss my flashlight, I know it may be lame but I used my flash on the mogul for a flashlight more the for pictures. I had had several times where I take my phone out to take a picture and end up taking a basically black photo.
6) Heat: I have lived in areas of low signal and my phone gets hot, heat means it is wasting resources.
7) USB device no recognized: For some reason early in the life of my phone something happened that my phone will only sync with select usb cords. I bought a retractable cord that doesn't work with my phone for no reason.
Edit: Mini SD I haven't topped out my 4gb yet but just the fact that there is a cap! I would like 16gb, then I can load my phone with music.

Things I like:
1) Mini USB: Many of my devices use mini USB so it is easy to use one cord and I don't need to carry a bag full of chargers.
2) 288mb RAM: I almost never have a problem running out of ram with this phone and multi tasking is easy.
3) Gps: Locks on so fast! Some times a restart is required (driver problems).
4) screen: The resolution is great and touch screen very responsive. Also screen is flat no more problem hitting the "x" with your finger any more.
5) Custom roms: there is no lack of new and exciting software!

Now whats the next phone I'm going to get: I haven't decided yet, this is part of why I made this thread. I haven't decided if the touch pro 2 or diamond 2 are a big enough step up. They have the same processor as diamond and pro and with snapdragon phones coming out soon they might be worth the wait. Also with bigger screens by the time the phones are changed to CDMA is there going to be a battery problem again? Will the bigger screens be big enough that I can type with a full qwerty.

Right now after recently graduating and spending the last 2 months unemployed it will be a couple months before I can seriously look for a new phone. I might try and grab a used touch pro from someone upgrading to the pro 2 to hold me over for a snapdragon phone. I could hold on to the diamond and see how durable it is (I have a 3 year square trade warranty worth 300 dollars). I'm not going to commit insurance fraud but I tend to be hard on my phone and would be surprised if it lasts another year. In conclusion I don't think the phones coming out this fall are going to be worth the upgrade for me but a short term upgrade and waiting for a snapdragon phone sounds great.

Last edited by hockeyman12c; 07-23-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Diamond Owners - Whats your next phone?

get a tp2, i have a diamond and pro but like the pro for the sd card and mem. dont care about the hard kb.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think the TP2 is my new phone. The thing that sold me was the huge screen. I thought they were both going to have the same screen (Diamond2/Touch Pro2) and it turns out there is a three-tenths inch difference. Plus the Touch Pro2 is the same thickness as the Diamond so that isn't a problem really. While I do not miss the keyboard, it will come in handy.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

A Pre (or another WebOS phone), in all likelihood. As soon as WebOS gets a wider variety of apps (Golf GPS, OTA podcast downloading, a decent time-wasting game, MusicID, and maybe a checkbook-type app) I'm all over it.

WebOS is so superior to WinMo it's ridiculous.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't upgrade phones that often, I will more then likely keep the Diamond till the generation after the TP2's and Diamond 2's
Old 07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

unclutchable is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to unclutchable

Palm Pre. WinMo is so dry to me now.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

I'll be getting the TouchPro2 but if news comes out about a Sprint HTC Hero, then thats what I'll be getting...

ROM Hacks are whats anchoring me to Windows Mobile ATM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I think im gonna wait and see who gets the Diamond2, if its not an option the prolly the TP2.
Surely Alltel/Verizion will get one or the other.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

tp2 but i have to see if it has as many problems as the touch pro has first. I had 4 touch pro before I gave up and got the diamond for free. I am tempted to get the blackberry tour. I have really been holding back but I really want one

if it wasn't for mightys rom 4. I think i would have left for the blackberry already. My diamond is working perfectly and I can't seem to find a reason to get rid of it. The rom is just perfect.

Last edited by jjday7; 07-23-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
tp2 but i have to see if it has as many problems as the touch pro has first. I had 4 touch pro before I gave up and got the diamond for free. I am tempted to get the blackberry tour. I have really been holding back but I really want one
I love the touchscreen to much to go back to a "Smartphone" style phone again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond