PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

unpocoloco is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flavors of Touch Diamond?

Hi,
I think this is a stupid question, but then I know that can't be true, because there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people. So, could someone tell me what the difference (if any) is between the Touch Diamond and:

* Rhodium (???)
* Titanium (I think this is the newer model of the Pro?)
* Any others I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Brodizzel is keeping up the good workBrodizzel is keeping up the good work
Re: Flavors of Touch Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpocoloco View Post
Hi,
I think this is a stupid question, but then I know that can't be true, because there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people. So, could someone tell me what the difference (if any) is between the Touch Diamond and:

* Rhodium (???) - This is the HTC Model name for the Touch Pro 2.
* Titanium (I think this is the newer model of the Pro?) - This is the new default Windows Mobile 6.5 interface.
* Any others I should be aware of? - Not entirely sure what you're wanting there.

Thanks!
^ See bold print

Hope that helps...

disclaimer: I take no credit for anything in my DropBox.
It's all just stuff I've gathered from sources too numerous to recall.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

It does quite a bit, thanks. The "any others" was a catch-all for things I might not be aware of.

Personally I'm not a big fan of this new 6.5 push in ROM development. It's just not easy to get around. The programs in Start aren't even alphabetized! bah. Not cool. I DO like, however, how the Clock isn't huge on my Today screen, since whenever I touch the Clock it brings up the "edit time and time zone" screen. Drives me NUTS!! That alone makes me consider the 6.5 jump despite my other complaints!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
It does quite a bit, thanks. The "any others" was a catch-all for things I might not be aware of.

Personally I'm not a big fan of this new 6.5 push in ROM development. It's just not easy to get around. The programs in Start aren't even alphabetized! bah. Not cool. I DO like, however, how the Clock isn't huge on my Today screen, since whenever I touch the Clock it brings up the "edit time and time zone" screen. Drives me NUTS!! That alone makes me consider the 6.5 jump despite my other complaints!
you know on the diamond you can put your finger below the clock and slide up to make it tiny, right?

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Of course I do! I just..er...well...

ok, no I didn't know GREAT tip though!

I'm actually not quite as noobish as I sound, I swear. One day I'll be developing apps for this phone, you'll see! Not until I get this carpal tunnel fixed though (from my day job as a sw developer). *sigh*
Old 07-19-2009, 05:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Of course I do! I just..er...well...

ok, no I didn't know GREAT tip though!

I'm actually not quite as noobish as I sound, I swear. One day I'll be developing apps for this phone, you'll see! Not until I get this carpal tunnel fixed though (from my day job as a sw developer). *sigh*
im sure nobody thinks you are...
Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The 6.5 ROMs are actually really, really good. And getting better all the time. And, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I believe there's a way to edit the programs in the start menu to make them exactly where you want them. Honestly I don't use the start menu that much since there's a nifty programs tab in TF3D.

The overall experience is (to me) well worth the jump to 6.5 and it's little quirks. Back when 6.5 ROMS were still in the burgeoning stages of developement I tried one for grins and giggles and it was really hard to go back to 6.1. Now, the ROMs are getting so stable that I've gone to 6.5 and not looked back.

I just hope Sprint releases 6.5 for the Diamond so that perhaps some of the 'quirks' can be fixed.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodizzel View Post
I just hope Sprint releases 6.5 for the Diamond so that perhaps some of the 'quirks' can be fixed.
Its already been released that 6.5 is not hitting the diamond. No word yet of 7, but i would assume no, since the tp2 and diamond2 are already on the verge of release.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hmm, the ROM I saw must not have had Manilla at all. There was no programs tab any more. I think I confused 6.5 as a replacement for TF3D, when instead I think Titanium is - and just because you have Titanium does not mean you can't also have Manila. Do I have it right?

I've pretty much dedicated today to getting my phone STABLE, and also finding great new ways to automate flashing This is fun! I really ought to be unpacking my apt. though...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Its already been released that 6.5 is not hitting the diamond. No word yet of 7, but i would assume no, since the tp2 and diamond2 are already on the verge of release.

Oh well. Hell by then I'll probably have a different phone anyway. Or not. I bet once any sort of stock release of 6.5 comes out it wouldn't be long before it's turned into a nice downloadable ROM (complete with many fixes) for everyone to enjoy.

Quote:
Hmm, the ROM I saw must not have had Manilla at all. There was no programs tab any more. I think I confused 6.5 as a replacement for TF3D, when instead I think Titanium is - and just because you have Titanium does not mean you can't also have Manila. Do I have it right?

That is correct. 6.5 refers to the version of Windows Mobile. Titanium is the default Windows Mobile interface. TF3D is HTC's way of slapping lipstick on the pig that is Windows Mobile. Some folks like TF3D. Others don't. It's all a preference thing. While I think Titanium does wonders for the WinMo interface it's still not my cup of tea. I'll take my manila any day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond