PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Android for HTC Touch Diamond (DIAM500)

looks awesome, can't wait for the update
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yeah im digging the whole google voice thing so its a bummer that the mobile apps are only good for blackberrys and android.. so can wait for this app to be going strong.. network support is gonna be awesome

Old 07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: on my mobile phone
Carrier: t-mobile

justinmack is a n00b

I am looking forward to seeing new Android phone. If HTC can make a better one than G1. I definitely will consider update my Diamond!!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

ok so any estimate when this will have network support?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

I have been following the android port for the diamond over at xda. and someone over there has got the data up and runnung on the 500. but he hasnt posted anything as far as what files he used..... still waiting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ydoucare is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmgombosi View Post
I have been following the android port for the diamond over at xda. and someone over there has got the data up and runnung on the 500. but he hasnt posted anything as far as what files he used..... still waiting.

Really? I've been following that thread and didn't see anything about data working on DIAM500....must have missed it.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

It is on page 551 post 5507.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ydoucare is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmgombosi View Post
It is on page 551 post 5507.
Hmm, I see the post but I don't see where he says he got a data connection working with the DIAM500.

Quote:
Success!

Android 1.6 is now running on the DAIM500. Some caveats:

1) Must be booted Activesync and remain plugged in after Android logo otherwise phone turns off.
2) Appears there is not a 'Menu' button assigned so make sure you don't accidentally screen lock the phone...

I used Mr. Pippy's 'diam500_android_config.zip' file renamed to 'config' in root and 'android-donut_diam-raph-01-11-09.7z' updated with 'build-update_donut-1.6_2-11-09.7z'. Unfortunately it runs real slow and still isn't very usable.
I see someone below posted about having a working data connection, etc, but i'm assuming that's a DIAM100 user.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

I am happy to try something totally different if you run this app. can you just close the app and have phone working normally again?? I haven't used anything with android but I am excited nonetheless when android really launches doesn't it give more freedom then windows mobile I hope?? When I first got the phone I thought of the windows mobile as show. I still feel like the diamond is capable of much more than windows 6.x mobile can provide. and since all the 6.5.1 rom's I have tried don't really work that well. The main problem I have with the 6.5.1 roms is the gps won't work on the phone which should you think be an easy problem to resolve but I'm not resorting to flashing the gps chip on my phone and possibly trash the gps forever.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:00 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

GPS works fine with my Diamond on 6.5.1 and running Android is really a joke because it isn't being developed for our phones. And a flash to a shipped ROM should fix your GPS Jadall.

But that said about Android, it's fun to play with another OS. I remember the days of playing on Linux on my computer and dual booting Windows and Ubuntu. I still dual boot my mom's computer and use it for a server since it's kinda for business anyway and still can do all the stuff from Linux.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond