PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you returned a Defective Diamond? If so, how many in total have you returned?
Yes, I'm on my first Swap 4 11.43%
Yes, Im on terrible #2 4 11.43%
Yes, I've hit magical #3 4 11.43%
4? 5? 6? ARGHGHG!!! I can't count them anymore!!! 7 20.00%
Nope, mine's in tip-top shape! 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
GAHH! Telus, your refurbs kill me!

Hello all,

A month ago my Telus Diamond's screen cracked after falling from by bed (2 feet from the ground) to my floor (carpet, at that). I managed to get a swap unit that OF COURSE was a refurb unit. Today after flashing the newest Juicy, the phone gets stuck in a constant reset cycle. It'll go to the first splash screen, the PRL info etc. will display, then it resets again. It will do this until the end of time. - or until I pull the battery.

So I figured it was just a messy flash, H3ll, a Hard reset should fix it, or maybe I should flash the shipped Telus ROM, no big deal, right?

WRONG!

WHatever I do, It sticks in the reset cycle. I've tried many combinations of hard-resetting, flashing back to stock, back to shipped, and back to Juicy. I've even tried flashing the Telus Dec/08 'upgrade' ROM. All to no avail....

The flashing process is the same for every ROM I try: I flash (successfully) and after it reaches 100%, it resets like normal, then commence reset cycle.

So my questions are:

Why the stinking refurbs?? They were returned for a reason and I know too many people who have returned deficient refurb phones.

>>The crappy part of this deal is that I need to have swapped 3 phones (I'm at 2) to get any sort of credit to my account! I talked to a rep who said that 3's the magic number. (what, you try 3, get the 4th for free?) I was going to buy the TP2 anyways in a week or so, and a credit would be nice.....

Wouldn't it make more sense for Telus to just give me a credit, and take back my crappy old refurb, so i can get a discounted TP2 when it comes out? It would save them a Diamond handset and shipping costs...

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: GAHH! Telus, your refurbs kill me!

they aren't ordering anymore new cdma diamonds I would presume.

This is a way for them to make the inventory last.

Just brick the phone and get another refurb. (flash a rom not for your device) You'll probalby have better luck with the next one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
they aren't ordering anymore new cdma diamonds I would presume.

This is a way for them to make the inventory last.

Just brick the phone and get another refurb. (flash a rom not for your device) You'll probalby have better luck with the next one.

Hmmm... A devious one you are!

I might have done just that, but the TP2's coming in a little over a week and it's going to take a few days for a refurb to get here. They might suspect something if my phone dies the day after I get it ---and the TP2 comes out the next day
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

then wait a little while longer to get the TP2.

And as far as refurbs go, most refurbished phones are phones swapped for cosmetic reasons, ie cracked screen, broken speaker, non responsive buttons. Those issues can be taken care of by replacing the defective PARTS for new ones. Just because the phone is refurbished doesnt mean its going to be crap. It just means its not Brand New from Manufacturer, which even if you got a new one, it doesnt mean that its going to work better than a refurb. A refurb Mogul i had a while back worked much better than the one i bought brand new.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 07-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Carrier: Cellcom

Minnesota is just getting started

Sorry for being a noob, but what is TP2?

I just got a new diamond from my provider because I upgraded about 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Sorry for being a noob, but what is TP2?

I just got a new diamond from my provider because I upgraded about 2 weeks ago.

Touch Pro 2
Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Touch Pro 2
Has anyone know when the realease date is
Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

ruthless1337 is a n00b

I bought my Touch Diamond last September and it is also starting to die on me. The Power button is broken have to push it in hard for it work, unit overheats after a short time and battery dies fast. Also the charging cable is starting to break apart. If i go back to Telus to get a refurb unit will I be able to flash one of the custom roms on it? Also how much store credit do they give you towards the TP2? As I was thinking of upgrading to that as well. BTW I bought the phone for full price and I'm on a no-contract plan and I had to return the phone twice in the first few weeks to get one that worked well.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Has anyone know when the realease date is
Check out my thread Right Here. It should contain the most current news/rumours on the Telus TP2.

It's rumoured to be coming out on the 21st, and the official press release says 'later this month' so its sometime in July at the very least.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless1337 View Post
I bought my Touch Diamond last September and it is also starting to die on me. The Power button is broken have to push it in hard for it work, unit overheats after a short time and battery dies fast. Also the charging cable is starting to break apart. If i go back to Telus to get a refurb unit will I be able to flash one of the custom roms on it? Also how much store credit do they give you towards the TP2? As I was thinking of upgrading to that as well. BTW I bought the phone for full price and I'm on a no-contract plan and I had to return the phone twice in the first few weeks to get one that worked well.
Well I'm not sure how non-contract works, but it should still be under warranty. The rep I spoke to told me that after 3 returns, you should get some sort of credit. (one that you could... snd SHOULD!! put towards the TP2) I'd try and return it, why not! you could get a discounted new TP2 soon. - - They didn't end up giving me any credit at all because its only my second refurb. Crappeh.

And as a side note, I've had 2 power cords and the rubber casing near the usb connector has slid back on both of them, exposing the wire beneath. Crappy quality, but you can always use a generic mini-usb cord to charge/sync.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond